Tracking delivery

So my ETA date of 7/23 has come and gone, which my understanding in the Gulf States Toyota Region means arrival at the Houston VPC ("port"). The estimated delivery on the dealer's and Toyota's website has disappeared and now only says "contact dealer to confirm availability". The software trick (described in posts in this forum) still shows 7/23 as it always has, as I've screenshotted below. My salesman says to be patient, but has no more info for me.
Anyone have any experience with this "phase" as to what is happening and how long? Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 10.49.48 AM.png

So my ETA date of 7/23 has come and gone, which my understanding in the Gulf States Toyota Region means arrival at the Houston VPC ("port"). The estimated delivery on the dealer's and Toyota's website has disappeared and now only says "contact dealer to confirm availability". The software trick (described in posts in this forum) still shows 7/23 as it always has, as I've screenshotted below. My salesman says to be patient, but has no more info for me.
Anyone have any experience with this "phase" as to what is happening and how long? Thanks!

View attachment 5844
Similar thing going on w me. Had arrive as 7/9-7-12. The each day it would be pushed out a day all the way up until today, 7/24. I looked today on the website and now it shows 8/24 😭 Dealer knows nothing. So frustrated.

Same with me. Arrived at port 6/29. Was supposed to be delivered at dealer 7/6- 7/19. That has come and gone and now says 7/19- 7/27. My sales person said it is normal. However in my toyota app I added the new LC using VIN a month ago and an alert popped up yesterday saying a malfunction in the vehicle stability control system contact dealer. I asked my dealer and they were not worried about it said they may be calibrating it at port? The alert has now been on the app 2 days. This is an FE. I am definately getting impatient and very little info.

Ya'll are correct, just got word from my salesman that although it just made it to the VPC in Houston , "it will not leave the VPC until 8/7". So at best probably looking at 8/14. I guess they need 2 weeks to put the roof rails on, apply the factory PPF and throw some floor mats inside :). If that date holds true, then one could say 8 weeks after build in Japan to a Gulf States dealership.

I'm sure my salesman is just as frustrated with this process! He's trying to make a living and getting a sale before the end of the month is always important to these sales guys...

Last edited:
Ya'll are correct, just got word from my salesman that it will not "leave the VPC" until 8/7. So at best probably looking at 8/14. If that holds true, then one could say 8 weeks after build in Japan to a Gulf States dealership.
Mine was at the rail yard here in MN and then held for QC. It was released and then my salesperson called to say the arrival date was within a week. That was three weeks ago. This shouldn’t be held up anywhere at this point. Should have been on the truck making the 100 mile journey weeks ago!

So today, the little software trick page "dealer category" changed to "F"! It's been an "A" forever. I read somewhere that the "F" means it has "checked in at port" (not a real boat port, but the VPC in Houston for Gulf States Toyota) and is "moving toward the dealer". Anyone in GST seen how long from "F" to "G", which means "@ dealership"? Probably a hard question to answer with the vagueness of GST tracking and all the delays! Thanks

I am in the same boat as everyone else on this thread. Mine has cleared the VPC port process in Houston and is literally just awaiting to be put on a truck and sent to the dealer in Burleson (DFW area). I know that Hurricane Beryl caused about a 10-day delay for the Houston VPC--mine was supposed to be here already as well.

View attachment 5844
How, where do you get this info? Thanks.

There are multiple posts related to how to try to track, but if you're tech-savvy, here's the instructions to try this yourself --> How to find the most up-to-date status of your Toyota vehicle

The first line tells you to plug in your vin to the "guest/dealer/[VIN]/detail", but this is actually a dealer generated specification file that you're salesman has to send you.

Good luck
I tried this, but get the page not found message because I guess my truck is already considered sold?

It's been clarified elsewhere, but your dealer HAS to send you a link to a web page, that only they can generate for that vehicle. Mine looked like this when they texted it to me :
Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.21.31 AM.png

And the URL address looks like this:

https:/guest.dealer.toyota.com/v-spec/05075/JTEABFAJ8R500xxxx/detail?k=b4df20483f7704fb0ac0cbc5703107066aa50c14c526b09744ffd2ad9dc91110

Once you open this link in desktop Chrome, you right click and choose "inspect" then a new window appears on the right. You click on the "Network" heading, refresh the page and then you'll have to dig for a file called "vspec......." that looks like this:
Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.25.40 AM.png

When you click on this bottom file, a new window opens on the right with all the information you're looking for...

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.28.08 AM.png

It will show an ETA, which seems to mean nothing, but more importantly, the line "Dealer category" is what you're looking for:
A- "Allocated" which means its anywhere from being built to on a ship, to sitting at port waiting to be checked in.
F- "Freight" which means it has checked in at port and moving to the dealer. Could be sitting in a parking lot or on a truck
G- the holy grail! It has landed on the ground at the dealership.

You'll also notice that the digit immediately following the "R" in my VIN is a "5" which means built at Tahara Factory, if that was a "K", as in "RK..." then it would've been built at Hino (Humara) Factory.

This cryptic system is about as good as it gets in the Gulf States Region. Since a private company runs this region, our dealers don't have the amazing tracking (or at least not willing to share with us) that other regions have. Other regions can get (from their salesman) detailed tracking like this:

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.36.23 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.21.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.21.31 AM.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.28.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 11.28.08 AM.png
    323 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know. My dealer must just not be willing to give me that level of information!!
I basically had to call my dealer out in order to get the link. Told him I was spending 80K+ and he couldn't give me a code that many others were getting from their salesman. Took him about an hour and he texted me the code.

Today, on a Sunday, after only 5 days in "F" status it changed to "G" ! I ran up to the closed dealership thinking maybe it would have been dropped off by a truck, but no luck. I think "G" can probably mean it's on a truck headed to the dealer, hopefully in the next couple days!

Today, on a Sunday, after only 5 days in "F" status it changed to "G" ! I ran up to the closed dealership thinking maybe it would have been dropped off by a truck, but no luck. I think "G" can probably mean it's on a truck headed to the dealer, hopefully in the next couple days!
Lucky you! Mine was sold (to me) thus I couldn’t use the hack to track it, but hopefully it’s here soon!

Mine has been at the port in Portland Oregon for exactly a month today. Still showing F and many ETA's have come and gone.

This is my experience of finally receiving an LC LC. Ordered with down $1,000.00 deposit not refundable but part of purchase, June 5 deposit… vehicle arrived at dealer July 8 arrived at dealer but vehicle totaled in transit (roof spoiler peeled off by under crossing). Reordered July 8 and finally received second one today July 29. Pickup in a couple hours…Meteor Shower LC LC. 20 inch tires. Identical vehicles and cost! 2 hours from port of Portland, Oregon. Dealer saleswoman on point and very communicative (received dealer daily every time requested). So far excellent dealership experience!!

One year after announcement, 3 months after deposit and she has arrived!
Requested spec: Black/Java Premium Package LC/LC

So for those wanting a reference, at least in the Gulf States Toyota region, here's my tracking dates:

Built at Tahara 6/13/24 (never fell into QC Hold)
On Ship 6/21/24
Arrived LBC Port 7/8/24
Remained in "A" status with no updates
7/23 - changed to "F" status (assumed arrival at the Vehicle Processing Center in Houston)
7/28-changed to "G" status (assumed departure by truck and drive 400 miles to my hometown dealer)
7/29-arrived at dealer (Little Rock, AR)
7/30-getting PDI'd and taking delivery after work today!

IMG_2004.jpeg

Back