Tow Hitch

Anyone have the part no. for the tow hitch cover/diaper? Someone hit me on LC day 10, luckily only the cover was damaged.

It was included but mine cracked in the accident. Saved my bumper though!

Reactions: fhb
I removed the tow hitch cover and put on the smaller cover with a hitch. Tip when you remove the cover there’s 2 tabs underneath that you should remove first and then pull it off.
This was the first “mod” I made to mine within 24 hours of receipt. Much better look after removing the diaper. Mine was located in one of my stash spots in the back.

Thank you for sharing how to remove the 2 tabs. Do you re-attach the tabs with the smaller cover? I'm not at my vehicle right now but we wrestled with the tabs at the dealership when we were looking at the large cover. Neither me nor the salesman were able to re-insert the 2 circular tabs..

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing how to remove the 2 tabs. Do you re-attach the tabs with the smaller cover? I'm not at my vehicle right now but we wrestled with the tabs at the dealership when we were looking at the large cover. Neither me nor the salesman were able to re-insert the 2 circular tabs..
Yes, the smaller cover also has the tabs. I just pushed them in with my thumb.

Is that a parking meter on the street in front of your house?

I'm trying to figure out how to stop the alarms going off when I put it in reverse with my bike/ski/snowboard rack in the hitch. I'm thinking I saw it somewhere here but can't find it now.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 47
I'm trying to figure out how to stop the alarms going off when I put it in reverse with my bike/ski/snowboard rack in the hitch. I'm thinking I saw it somewhere here but can't find it now.
Theres two ways- the parking sensor button to the left of the steering wheel, or the tow/haul button to the right of the steering wheel.

Both will disable the sensors

Theres two ways- the parking sensor button to the left of the steering wheel, or the tow/haul button to the right of the steering wheel.

Both will disable the sensors
Thanks, turning off the parking sensor button to the left of the steering wheel worked. It started to beep and then stopped quickly.

So, I turned off the parking sensor and turned on the tow button and I still get the full backup warnings when in reverse. Still can't get them to stop because of the bike rack.

Anyone have a recommendation for a hitch lock that fits? Love the beefiness of the hitch but my go to locks are coming up short.

Anyone have a recommendation for a hitch lock that fits? Love the beefiness of the hitch but my go to locks are coming up short.

I'm also looking into this now. My 1up rack's locking hitch pin is about .25" short. It has a 3" usable length. I see some options online with over 3" of usable length but I'm asking 1up first to see what they suggest.

So, I turned off the parking sensor and turned on the tow button and I still get the full backup warnings when in reverse. Still can't get them to stop because of the bike rack.

I think i'm going to have to just get used to it yelling at me every time i reverse :(

While reversing, you can tap a mute button on the bottom right of the camera screen to quiet it, but that is not persistent. Next time you put it in reverse it will scream at you again.

Here's what I bought on Amazon:

79831 Keyed Unique 5/8" Trailer Hitch Lock with Extra Long 4-1/2" Span, Double Safety Tow Hitch Locking Pin for 3" Receivers and Adjustable Channel Mounts​

Back