Tire Upgrade ?

This with the Toyo leveling kit you used is identical setup to that video on how to fit 35"on. And I really like this look. No offset and looks solid.
Thanks. Yes, we followed
This with the Toyo leveling kit you used is identical setup to that video on how to fit 35"on. And I really like this look. No offset and looks solid.
thanks. Yes, copied the YouTube video. Dealer thought we may need to remove the crush bracket but ended up not removing it. No rubbing but itโ€™s real close. I may end up removing it.

This looks awesome! Which method wheels are these and off set.
method 707 matte black with 18mm offset. Toyo AT3 275/70/18. Basically the rounded part of the tire sticks past wheel well flare. The tread is under the wheel well still.
IMG_9844.jpeg

Last edited:
How is the ride on the Toyo AT3 275/70/18? I am a bit worried about ride on the E rated tire.
The ride on my E load KO3โ€™s is definitely firmer than stock, but I also feel like LC handles slightly sharper and feels more planted. I honestly wouldnโ€™t recommend E load tires if to someone that isnโ€™t going to be off-roading on rocks. Iโ€™d probably have tried to find a slightly lighter duty tire if I was mostly doing muddy or gravel roads, but I needed something I felt could hold up to a beating on sharp Colorado and Utah rocks.

How is the ride on the Toyo AT3 275/70/18? I am a bit worried about ride on the E rated tire.
I like them. I also have them on my FJ60 series and they run great. I think the E rated thing is a bit overt talked about on forums and the same false assumptions just get passed along. I can barely even tell a difference if I do its in the positive.

I had 265/70/R18 Falken Rubitreks put on today. First, the ride is softer and improved. They are more noisy than the stock Yokohama Geolanders that come with the 1958 but I honestly am unsure if they're quieter than the Wildpeak AT3Ws I have on my Tundra. They cost about half what the Wildpeaks do and they weight around 10 lbs per tire less. I didn't want to kill MPG or have a loud highway tire so I felt this was a good compromise. Looks just about right to me.View attachment 7298
Looks good. I went with Cooper Discoverer Road and Trail in 265/70/18. I'm curious, noticed you have the roof rails on your 1958, did you buy from dealer? If so what was price? I've decided to go this route vs roof rack due to all the feedback around noise. Thanks!

Do this fit straight on stock? No rubbing at full compression?
These fit on stock suspension with slight rubbing at full lock when reversing only. I have not full cycled the suspension, I don't have plans to wheel this rig that hard (light-medium trails)

I like them. I also have them on my FJ60 series and they run great. I think the E rated thing is a bit overt talked about on forums and the same false assumptions just get passed along. I can barely even tell a difference if I do its in the positive.
Thanks for the response, that's great to hear. One more question, How is the MPG?

I'm also in Colorado, but if I'm being honest with myself this is going to spend 95% of my time on road... so just trying to find that right balance. Toyo AT3 265/70/18 or Nitto Terra Grappler 275/70/18 keep me at SL, but would much rather not blow a tire on the sharp mountain rocks...

Looks good. I went with Cooper Discoverer Road and Trail in 265/70/18. I'm curious, noticed you have the roof rails on your 1958, did you buy from dealer? If so what was price? I've decided to go this route vs roof rack due to all the feedback around noise. Thanks!
JBLC, what is your opinion of this tire now that you have it installed? Any difference in MPG, driving dynamics, or noise? I had these on my GX460 and really liked them.

Back