Tire Upgrade ?

OK, many thanks for the info .... and do you think it will fit also with a +25mm offset rim, same model: ICON Recon SLX 18x9, bore: 95.1mm, on 33x12.5 R18, with NO rub ??
Can we confirm that the bore needed for wheel upgrade is 95.1mm?

Can we confirm that the bore needed for wheel upgrade is 95.1mm?
Correct and you can get any aftermarket wheel with a bore larger than 95.1mm if you use the appropriate hub ring (Simply used to center the lugs on install)

I'm on the fence of getting a 1958. You have the KO3's on the stock wheels? How do they run? Are they loud? Also is there a setting in the car to adjust for the larger tire size?

Also, is there a way to get a front trail camera on the 1958? This is the main feature I would like to have. Not only for off road but also for overall convenience when park at the shopping mall:oops:

Yup! 750/70R18 tires on stock wheels. The KO3s are louder than stock (although I only drove on those from the dealer to the tire shop) but only barely louder, they're perfectly acceptable overall and very good for an AT tire, and the LC has great noise insulation. Ride is definitely compromised on the heavier E-load tires with bumps around town translating through pretty sharply, but those are what will hold up over rocks versus road-oriented SL tires, and there's only one tire in 275/70R18 that has a lower load rating and it's an older design. Hopefully when these wear out BFG will have a C-load KO3 in production.

No setting to adjust for tire size, but my speedometer still reads a little faster than actual by 1 or 2 MPH so no speed trap concerns, although my odometer is about 4.25 to 4.5% under actual.

No camera options on the 1958 either unless you're willing to wait for the aftermarket. It has front parking sensors that do a solid job around town, and visibility is pretty solid. I really only miss it for sharp crests on the trail.

I replaced my tires with 285/70/18. BFG KM3's. Not sure how much bigger you could go without a lift kit, rubbing, or tearing something up.
Do they fit in the spare location?

I saw another mention on Facebook, this time from a Canadian LC, that the Falken Wildpeak AT4W in 285/70R18 "fits [in the spare location] without trimming but barely."

Do they fit in the spare location?

I saw another mention on Facebook, this time from a Canadian LC, that the Falken Wildpeak AT4W in 285/70R18 "fits [in the spare location] without trimming but barely."
It should fit. I have not bought one for the spare yet.

Supposed to be. I haven’t received mine yet but can report back after installed.
I just didn’t want to undo all the engineering that went into the 250 getting decent gas mileage. Needed something better than the 245/70 that came with the 1958 though. Seemed like a good compromise.
I’ll report back.
I had 265/70/R18 Falken Rubitreks put on today. First, the ride is softer and improved. They are more noisy than the stock Yokohama Geolanders that come with the 1958 but I honestly am unsure if they're quieter than the Wildpeak AT3Ws I have on my Tundra. They cost about half what the Wildpeaks do and they weight around 10 lbs per tire less. I didn't want to kill MPG or have a loud highway tire so I felt this was a good compromise. Looks just about right to me.
IMG_9782(1).jpg

I had 265/70/R18 Falken Rubitreks put on today. First, the ride is softer and improved. They are more noisy than the stock Yokohama Geolanders that come with the 1958 but I honestly am unsure if they're quieter than the Wildpeak AT3Ws I have on my Tundra. They cost about half what the Wildpeaks do and they weight around 10 lbs per tire less. I didn't want to kill MPG or have a loud highway tire so I felt this was a good compromise. Looks just about right to me.View attachment 7298
Looks great. Can you post more pictures and different angles?

I was looking at the KO3s but not available until next year. So started looking at the Goodyear DuraTrac but they only come in 285/60R20 and not the 275s. Anyone have any idea if they will fit? I know others have reported 275/60/20 fit.

My TRX has Goodyear Territory AT that come in 275/60/2” and they look good but anything looks good when they are 325/65R18 beasts.

I was looking at the KO3s but not available until next year. So started looking at the Goodyear DuraTrac but they only come in 285/60R20 and not the 275s. Anyone have any idea if they will fit? I know others have reported 275/60/20 fit.

My TRX has Goodyear Territory AT that come in 275/60/2” and they look good but anything looks good when they are 325/65R18 beasts.
The old Duratrac or the new Duratrac RT? TireRack.com and Discount Tire are both showing the Duratrac RT in the stock 265 and 275 sizes as available (I think Discount tire has a several week lead time on the 275's). I have the old Duratracs on my FJ, I didn't include them on the table since I'm not sure how long they will still be available.

Multiple fittings, Ended up with 275 70 18 falcons at4 on my stock 1958 wheels. Fits great .

View attachment 3004
View attachment 3005
Looks great, I am thinking about getting the same tires, how do you feel it runs on the highway? Did you try 285’s on stock? I am going to try 285/70R18 on Stock with a westcott collar, but we will see…I actually like the Toyota wheels and want to keep them! Have you noticed acceleration to bog down a little or not really?

View attachment 1765
Some VERY rough Photoshop work here, but was curious what KO3's & the Nomad 502 combo would look like, not gonna lie, not bad... (assuming the LC can fit 17 inch wheels)
I want these Nomad Arvo’s (in Dusk gray) so bad for my LC. It’s too bad they don’t make them in a +40mm offset. I emailed them and they aren’t currently planning to make these in higher positive offsets 😞

Back