Tint front window?

RTRinKY

đź“› Founding Member
Jun 20, 2024
Media
KY
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner
Thoughts on tinting the entire front window?

I wanted to do mine here in South Carolina, but the shop wanted me to sign a wavier if any of the forward facing camera/hud broke it wouldn't be their fault... Anyone else seen/heard of this?

I wanted to do mine here in South Carolina, but the shop wanted me to sign a wavier if any of the forward facing camera/hud broke it wouldn't be their fault... Anyone else seen/heard of this?
I put %50 on my windshield, the installers pulled the dash cam off the window, put new sticky tape on it and left it dangling and said wait 3 days before you stick it back on the windshield. Everything is working fine, almost seems like the HUD is little brighter which is cool.

I put Xpel 70% on my windshield. Here’s the before and after pics so you can see what the difference is from the outside…

Attachments

• IMG_3721.jpeg
    IMG_3721.jpeg
    294.7 KB · Views: 71
It's a pricey window to do, but I love mine, so I'll say it's worth doing in the right circumstances:
1 - You get top-quality heat-rejecting ceramic tint on every other window
2 - You live in a place where the sun will be strong and hot
3 - You park outdoors during sunlught hours

As part of a complete heat-rejection tint install, it's terrific. And the latest generation of top quality tints do this really well. My Mazda is factory tint only, and it takes until halfway home to be cool inside on a 40-degree celsius day. The Land Cruiser (and its ceramic tinted predecessors) is cool by the time I leave the (admittedly large) parking lot.

It's a pricey window to do, but I love mine, so I'll say it's worth doing in the right circumstances:
1 - You get top-quality heat-rejecting ceramic tint on every other window
2 - You live in a place where the sun will be strong and hot
3 - You park outdoors during sunlught hours
As part of a complete heat-rejection tint install, it's terrific. And the latest generation of top quality tints do this really well. My Mazda is factory tint only, and it takes until halfway home to be cool inside on a 40-degree celsius day. The Land Cruiser (and its ceramic tinted predecessors) is cool by the time I leave the (admittedly large) parking lot.
I absolutely agree! I used the Xpel Prime XR+ ceramic tint…
1 - Did 70% on the windshield and all back windows with the factory tint, 30% on the front passenger windows, and 50% on the sunroof…
2 - I live in FLORIDA…
3 - My wife’s car gets the garage, so the LC is relegated to the sunshine 100% of the time!

It’s amazing how much cooler the truck is. I think white helps too. My last truck, GMC Sierra, was black with no window film!

I had the windshield tinted with Llumar Stratos 70. The rest of the windows were also tinted with Formula One Stratos (“FOS”). They matched the driver and front passenger windows with the factory rear window tint darkness and also placed clear FOS over the “factory” rear window tint. It was the first time that I’ve had windows tinted. I’m thoroughly impressed. I park my cars outside for extended periods of time. The LC is not oppressively hot when I first enter it on a sweltering day. It also doesn’t take as long for the a/c to cool it down.

Back