Window tint

I'm new to Ceramic tint... never heard of it until this Forum. Sounds great! So much better than the old stuff.
I have a shop near by that sales Evolve Premium Ceramic Tint.
I saw on their web site that they have 90% and Clear. They say (on their site) both will block 94% of infrared heat and provide 99% or greater UV protection even though they are clear? I was thinking 90% for the front windshield? And matching the side windows with the tint already on the back. Is this true?

I'm new to Ceramic tint... never heard of it until this Forum. Sounds great! So much better than the old stuff.
I have a shop near by that sales Evolve Premium Ceramic Tint.
I saw on their web site that they have 90% and Clear. They say (on their site) both will block 94% of infrared heat and provide 99% or greater UV protection even though they are clear? I was thinking 90% for the front windshield? And matching the side windows with the tint already on the back. Is this true?
I think you might want to use the 0% on the windshield.

The Clear on the web site has no tint and the 90% is close to clear

The Clear on the web site has no tint and the 90% is close to clear

I stand corrected.

When I installed window tint back in the early ‘80’s, the number assigned to the film indicated how much light was transmitted. So an auto tint of 20 indicated 20% light transmittance. An auto tint of 30 indicated a light transmittance of 30%. And an auto tint of 50 indicated and light transmittance of 50%. Times have changed..

Any one else notice a slight haze with their ceramic tint? I’ve been thinking it will fade with time but when direct sun is on it I notice it not being perfectly clear. The older non-ceramic tints I’ve had done didn’t seem to be as noticeable. SunTek CIR 30 black is what I have.

100% recommend ceramic tint for heat reduction and UV protection.

Know your state laws on window tint, Google is your friend. Ideally, the tint shop will not sell you something illegal or something that won't pass inspection.

Good luck!

pretty jealous of you guys that live in state’s that don’t force a car inspection every year like North Carolina. Very limited here on what I can do when window tinting to pass inspection.
Can you be more specific as to what NC doesn’t allow?

Does anyone know how the ceramic heat rejecting tint affects the heads up display on windshield?

I got ceramic heat rejecting tint on windshield at 70% (basically clear) and I haven’t noticed any change in clarity of hud. Not sure what it looks like if you go darker…

Back