Super Confused in Fuel needed for 2024 Land Cruiser.

It's been beaten to death in this thread......

Bottom Line: Toyota specifies 91 octane in the owners manual. I along with others are under the opinion, that it's grey......... I plan on running the low octane unless it starts knocking, then I'll move up a grade. I'm sure others will chime in again, but at the end of the day it's your money, your decision.
Agree

So, I haven't read through all 4 pages of this thread but did find this article that seems to put a good argument forward as to why Toyota recommends higher octane for LC than Taco. Specifically, here's the section related to the fuel:

1719957986135.png

This also speaks to another discussion in another thread about whether they will have a Trailhunter trim Land Cruiser similar to the Tacoma and 4Runner. The Land Cruiser has a global market with sometimes questionable fuel quality, whereas the Tacoma and 4Runner are focused on North American buyers where fuel quality is generally of a higher standard.

Before the flamethrowers start shooting my way, I'm just the messenger and don't have a dog in the fight. That being said, I have been running "regular" in my premium-only LX570 for 5 years with no issues that I can point to.

So, I haven't read through all 4 pages of this thread but did find this article that seems to put a good argument forward as to why Toyota recommends higher octane for LC than Taco. Specifically, here's the section related to the fuel:

View attachment 3826

This also speaks to another discussion in another thread about whether they will have a Trailhunter trim Land Cruiser similar to the Tacoma and 4Runner. The Land Cruiser has a global market with sometimes questionable fuel quality, whereas the Tacoma and 4Runner are focused on North American buyers where fuel quality is generally of a higher standard.

Before the flamethrowers start shooting my way, I'm just the messenger and don't have a dog in the fight. That being said, I have been running "regular" in my premium-only LX570 for 5 years with no issues that I can point to.
This makes a lot of sense to me. How else can you explain the same drivetrain but different gas recommendations?

Back