Rust Inhibitors

DudewithaLC

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 18, 2024
Media
Canada
Vehicles
2024 LC
Is there anyone out there in a winter-salted-streets climate using a rust inhibitor before the snow flies? I have a heated garage and I know it's not the best to park inside, but it's just so nice and toasty.

If you do or plan on using a rust inhibitor, how much would you buy to cover the LC?

Is there anyone out there in a winter-salted-streets climate using a rust inhibitor before the snow flies? I have a heated garage and I know it's not the best to park inside, but it's just so nice and toasty.

If you do or plan on using a rust inhibitor, how much would you buy to cover the LC?
I just did a wool wax application using approx. 1/2 gallon. That was doing the inside frame rails, doors, and of course chassis. We just had some snow the other day and the town was not shy with the salt.

I got this from the FJ forum and it makes light rust disappear like magic and protects.
1000007782.jpg

Good info, thanks. Has anyone tried Krown before? I considering that option as well. Maybe even just doing it the first time so they make all the access points and then doing myself after.

Good info, thanks. Has anyone tried Krown before? I considering that option as well. Maybe even just doing it the first time so they make all the access points and then doing myself after.
I used fluid film for the first time. Was impressed with it. Was also impressed with the level of rust proofing on the vehicle body. I focused my attention on the frame and undercarriage and expect it to be an annual activity.

Krown is similar to the lanolin fluid film pb shield and wool wax but i believe it is more petroleum based. If I was going to go to a professional shop and not diy I would likely use them

I actually just had mine sprayed with Corrosion Free the only product recommended by the Canadian Military. It does have the ability to creep but does need to be reapplied around every 16 months. It cost me $200 to have a full treatment it took them about 3 hours. And it doesn’t smell or drip. Saw some independent tests and Krown wasn’t much better then the control untreated bare steel. I had this product on my 20 year old Lexus GX470 and it held up amazing.

Back