Roof rack setups

I am not sure I agree with that logic of storage and setup , I am thinking that it takes up the roof rack got to haul a ladder to get in and out and in the middle of night if you gotta go its an acrobatic maneuver to get to ground .
The animal part ?
I can literally go from the driver's seat to being in a comfortable bed in 5 minutes and it takes only about 10 to get back on the road. That's a big plus for me on road trips.

As with others, I like the reduced worry of animals. It's not perfect, but it provides some peace of mind and sounder sleep for me.

Different strokes for different folks and different gear for different jobs. I use a ground tent too, when that's a better fit.

- C

Widdle Wadder reporting for duty 🫡

Attachments

• tempImagef12qbd.png
    tempImagef12qbd.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6191.jpg
    IMG_6191.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6189.jpg
    IMG_6189.jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 36
I put on the Westcott rack on mine. Drove down to North county San Diego and saw 26.2 mpg on the way down, 24.3 on the way back. I didn't realize that going South was downhill, haha!

Attachments

• DSC_0720.jpeg
    DSC_0720.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 25
Widdle Wadder reporting for duty 🫡
Thanks for sharing who makes that ladder. It looks like one of the few (maybe only?) back ladders for the LC that still allows the rear hatch window to be used. Also having flat steps is good--I don't care for round ladder rungs. Toyota should have given us a sliding rear window like the 4Runner, in my opinion. Now let's see some Rotopax attachment solutions that fit on the factory FE roof rack, such as Molle panels, that won't interfere with awnings, etc.

BTW, I was able to move my Ironman "quick-release" setup for two ARB awnings from my previous 4R TDR Pro with the tubular rack over to the LC but had to have custom mounting brackets made and installed. Here are a few initial photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3304.jpeg
    IMG_3304.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3305.jpeg
    IMG_3305.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3306.jpeg
    IMG_3306.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3307.jpeg
    IMG_3307.jpeg