TrailWhale

📛 Founding Member
🏆 LC of the Month
Apr 25, 2024
Media
Idaho
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser "Land Cruiser"
I'm trying to collect a list of all the options we have for roof racks, and maybe make a table for reference. But, alas, I need some help filling it out! Let me know what else i can add, and if you know missing info, or would like to see more columns/details added.

RackPrice (MSRP)StyleDynamic LoadStatic LoadDimensions/Other Notes
OEM Rails + Crossbars3/4 length rails with cross barsCrossbars might be white label Yakima Timberline FX
OEM First Edition Roof Rack$14003/4 length rack
Prinsu Pro$1355Full length rack700lbs1200lbs
Westcott$995Full length rack~475lbs~950lbs
Sherpa Atlas$1499Full length rack300lbs700lbs
FrontRunner Slimline 2$1848Full length rails with platform~ 1/3 static660lbs
Rhino Rack Pioneer 6$1459Full length rails with platform83" x 49"
Rhino Rack ReconnTBDFull length rack330lbs826lbs(Coming soon, maybe $1299)
UpTop Kilo$999Full length rack250lbs850lbs
UpTop Zulu$1799+Full length rack
Victory 4x4 Evolution$1124Full length rack~ 95.5" X 47"
Victory 4x4 Evolution$7413/4 length rack~ 64" X 47"

Last edited:
I'm trying to collect a list of all the options we have for roof racks, and maybe make a table for reference. But, alas, I need some help filling it out! Let me know what else i can add, and if you know missing info, or would like to see more columns/details added.

RackPrice (MSRP)StyleDynamic LoadStatic LoadDimensions/Other Notes
OEM Rails + Crossbars3/4 length rails with cross barsCrossbars might be white label Yakima Timberline FX
OEM First Edition Roof Rack$14003/4 length rack
Prinsu Pro$1355Full length rack700lbs1200lbs
Westcott$995Full length rack
Sherpa Atlas$1499Full length rack300lbs700lbs
FrontRunner Slimline 2$1848Full length rails with platform
Rhino Rack Pioneer 6$1459Full length rails with platform
UpTop Kilo$999Full length rack250lbs850lbs
UpTop Zulu$1799+Full length rack

Frontrunner slimline 2 static max is 660lbs.

I emailed them about dynamic but they said they don't give a hard number, but said they generally recommend 1/3 of static.

Had a brief text exchange with Westcott about their rack and here's what they said: "Our racks can handle more weight than the roof can handle so we use Toyota's published weight capacity which is generally 475 dynamic, 950 static."

Note - I'm just quoting what was sent to me via text. I'm making no representations or guarantees these number are accurate or reliable.

Last edited:
The LC LC roof side rails are Yakima. There are clone cross bars available specifically for the vehicle on Amazon for $150/pair.

I am unsure of my long term roof rack plans. So for now $150 is good.

Maybe something with ther front mount? Someone has already put an FE roof rack on a GX and it fit perfectly.

Another new option is Greenlane.. no weights posted though.

Got an Amazon link?
2024 Land Cruiser Crossbars

I haven't purchased so I'm not posting links. You can find amazon and eBay hits on the above search terms. But they all reference "Prado". Since I don't need the crossbars until spring I'm waiting on specific U.S. reviews.

The $500+ OEM price is absurd. The upside of that price is that it incentivizes clones.

I saw that Wescott had a 3/4 length rack for the older models, but they only list the full length at the moment. I don't think I'll need the full length so I may have to wait. Does anyone have any experience with the Yakima LockNLoad platform? The smaller size might work and they have bars that fit, but it looks like it might sit a bit high for my taste.

Any experience with Victory 4x4 racks? They have one for GX550 but replied that it won't fit 2024 LC. Don't they have same mounting points?
I like the short version that looks like FE rack at half the cost.
1723131491384.png

I like the short version that looks like FE rack at half the cost.
View attachment 7360
agreed. that's exactly what I'm looking for. I can't see why it wouldn't fit. Maybe they just haven't gotten their hands on a LC yet to check. I'm tempted to be the guinea pig. How are Victory racks in general? Pretty solid?

agreed. that's exactly what I'm looking for. I can't see why it wouldn't fit. Maybe they just haven't gotten their hands on a LC yet to check. I'm tempted to be the guinea pig. How are Victory racks in general? Pretty solid?
I sent a request about 2024 LC to Victory back in mid-July. This was their responce:

"Thanks for reaching out. Historically speaking, the GX and LC platforms did not share a chassis and the roof racks were not interchangeable like they may have been between the LX and LC. We expect to take delivery of our 2024 Landcruiser any day now and intend to offer a full suite of products for it. "

I sent a request about 2024 LC to Victory back in mid-July. This was their responce:

"Thanks for reaching out. Historically speaking, the GX and LC platforms did not share a chassis and the roof racks were not interchangeable like they may have been between the LX and LC. We expect to take delivery of our 2024 Landcruiser any day now and intend to offer a full suite of products for it. "
perfect....thanks for sharing.

Looks like LFD is developing their Rugged Crossbars for the LC... had them on my 4Runner and worked great. Only word of advice, get either stainless or aluminum (if they still make them) as thew regualr steel got pitted from rocks and rusted after a few years.

Reactions: Don
Toyota's published weight capacity which is generally 475 dynamic, 950 static
Anyone know where Westcott is getting these numbers? My understanding is that the LC should have a maximum (safe) roof load rating that is independent of what any particular roof rack can itself support. Ronny Dahl has a video on that concept.

I am interested in getting a roof rack as well. I have the LC trim so just have the OEM rails now. Im a noob to off-roading and racks and these all look very similar to me. Besides weight limits, how else do you evaluate these?

ty
Chris

Coming from the new Bronco craze a few years ago - the best way to choose a roof rack (if you need it soon) is the one that's in stock IMHO.

I've got an iKamper X-Cover Mini at 105lbs so I'm just going to stick with the OEM crossbars and use the inside for all my storage. I don't plan on doing any serious off roading for quite some time in this rig.

Back