Roof Ladder

Marinna

📛 Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Has anybody seen any roof ladder solution that wouldn't compromise the cargo window? or at least it can be easily removed (like really really easy) when I want to open up my window?

I love cargo ladder but I havn't seen any proper design so far, including the one from Sequoia. All the designs looks bad.

I've never understood the rear ladders. If you have a good running board or sliders that are wide enough to put a foot on, in my experience this gives way better access to the roof, as you can easily step up onto the rear tire from it. On my (ex-) 4Runner I can reach more than half my rack from either side, but I can only really access about 35-40% of it from the rear. I've never actually seen someone hop up onto the roof rack of their midsize SUV, nor can I think of many reasons to.

To answer your question, haven't seen many options yet, should be within 6-12 months.

So far I've found the rear tire to be a perfect step when accessing my rooftop cargo box.

Guys, there's a step built into the truck already, it's right under the rear seat on both sides.
1000005378.jpg

I would want to see somebody practicing his/her climbing skills to ascend from that step to the roof rack. Definitely doable and even more so fun to watch
I mean, I can touch the opposite roof rail while standing on it, but I am 6'2". I guess I wasn't anticipating anybody actually wanting to get onto the roof as I can't think of a use case for standing on the roof. But if you actually want to get onto the roof, not just have access to it, then I guess get a side mount ladder like the new defenders have.

Guys, there's a step built into the truck already, it's right under the rear seat on both sides.View attachment 11900

That step is awesome. Such a nice thoughtful design touch. It will be the perfect spot for tossing/grabbing skis from the roof box.

For summertime camping, when I’m doing a bit more “strategic packing” in the cargo box, stepping from there up onto the rear tire gets me into the sweet spot.

(I’m also 6’1 so I do recognize that shorter people are absolutely going to have a hard time here)

I mean, I can touch the opposite roof rail while standing on it, but I am 6'2". I guess I wasn't anticipating anybody actually wanting to get onto the roof as I can't think of a use case for standing on the roof. But if you actually want to get onto the roof, not just have access to it, then I guess get a side mount ladder like the new defenders have.
I was only making a joke.

These steps do never for me. and I doubt the rock slider on FE will be useful as "roof step" even for taller people

Back