Ringing noise that only stops when stopped 2024 LC

Are you certain its not the pedestrian warning "spaceship" sounding noise you are hearing from inside the cabin? It is audible inside the cabin when driving.
Yes I am sure. It's coming from underneath the car. It sounds like a tea kettle

This is certainly what I have been hearing on my rig... it cuts out at 22mph and kicks back in when you drop below that speed. Very annoying. Only on when running electric, not when gas engine kicks in, I think.
It is happening on the highway in mine at any speed. If I'm on an empty road at night and turn off music and let off the throttle I can hear it.

Strange, wish I had mine so I could try to hear it in person. Although, with my tinnitus, it probably would just sound normal or like nothing at all. One of the perks of not being able to hear high pitched whines or my left turn signal left blinking🤣.

I used to wonder why old people would leave their left turn signal on. Now I know. We just can hear it!

Other Toyota hybrid drivers say you get used to it eventually. Tesla used to allow you to change the sound but the FMVSS mandates the audible sound to warn blind people of oncoming vehicles. The problem is that ICE vehicles are now quieter and the blind community even objects to the mandate. There are youtube videos and online tutorials on how to quiet the sound or connect resistors to the wiring so that the warning message doesn't pop up if you disconnect the speaker. Problem is you are opening yourself up to potential lawsuits if you hit a a pedestrian and it is found you disconnected the warning speaker and Toyota dealerships also may report or refuse service if they notice it has been tampered with.
FYI, this can be disabled. Unplug or disable the speaker.

I did this on my Tesla Model 3 when I still had it: Isolation Kit for the PWS (Pedestrian Warning System)

This is certainly what I have been hearing on my rig... it cuts out at 22mph and kicks back in when you drop below that speed. Very annoying. Only on when running electric, not when gas engine kicks in, I think.
You say the gas engine has to “kick in”?So can you drive on pure electric? I’ve never driven a LC so I’m curious how this works.

Mybe the volume can be adjusted in Techstream or equivalent platform. I'll poke around if mine ever arrives or if it's to annoying, I'll do a On/Off Switch via a patch cable.

Here is a new video I took today. I think you can hear it better here. It stops completely when I stop but resumes when I let off the brake

That's a wind noise I think. I would check for something that is not supposed to stick out in the airflow. I would also check if something is rubbing against any rotating part like tire, tie rods. Also check for loose baffles. When stopped there is no vibration but once you start moving vibration takes place and some loose baffle could give you that noise.

Do let's us know if you find the problem and the solution please.

Thats an awful sound. Did you ask the dealership about it?
I'm glad somebody else can hear it. It's not the pedestrian warning noise. It's coming from under the car. I'm guessing it's something to do with the engine or transmission because the noise shuts off abruptly when stopped, which I think correlates with the auto start-stop feature. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow

I'm glad somebody else can hear it. It's not the pedestrian warning noise. It's coming from under the car. I'm guessing it's something to do with the engine or transmission because the noise shuts off abruptly when stopped, which I think correlates with the auto start-stop feature. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow
It almost sounds like the electric motor is constantly engaged, that’s almost the exact sound I hear when I’m running my traxxas RC car with its electric motors

Yeah its not easy to hear but i can hear it… it sounds like something from the electric motor. That sound would drive me nuts.

I can't really hear much in the video but it could just be me. My LC trim definitely makes a lot of strange noises I'm not used to but I am coming from a 100 series. There is definitely an electric sound at the lower speeds like a golf cart which I assume is the electric motor? The engine is also a little rattley sounding (lack of a better term) at lower speeds and start up kind of like a Subaru sounds but not as pronounced. I assume everything im hearing is standard operating procedure. Cars runs great without issues but the sounds are definitely different.

I can't really hear much in the video but it could just be me. My LC trim definitely makes a lot of strange noises I'm not used to but I am coming from a 100 series. There is definitely an electric sound at the lower speeds like a golf cart which I assume is the electric motor? The engine is also a little rattley sounding (lack of a better term) at lower speeds and start up kind of like a Subaru sounds but not as pronounced. I assume everything im hearing is standard operating procedure. Cars runs great without issues but the sounds are definitely different.
Yeah I can hear the normal sounds that I would expect but this is like a high pitched whistle. Like tinnitus in your ear.

I went to the dealership today and the sales guy sat in it with me and told me this is a normal noise from a hybrid engine. This is disappointing because I find it almost unbearable.

Geez man, yeah I don’t blame you. I’m sorry.

I had a 2009 Highlander hybrid and I drove a 2006 Prius for nine months for work and I don’t ever remember being irritated by a high-pitched wine from the hybrid engine like that. The electric motor definitely wines, but I don’t ever remember a constant high-pitched tone like that.

Now I’m definitely gonna be listening for this if and when I get to test drive a land cruiser

I went to the dealership today and the sales guy sat in it with me and told me this is a normal noise from a hybrid engine. This is disappointing because I find it almost unbearable.
I find the sales people at the stealerships, severely lacking in knowledge about the products they sell. I would take it into service and have the mechanics look at it instead of a sales person. Just saying.

Back