Ringing noise that only stops when stopped 2024 LC

I downloaded an app on my phone that records sounds. In the first picture towards the right there are no spikes. The second picture represents when I can hear the noise. It has spikes around 14,000 hz. I’m thinking this is why some people can’t hear it (the guy at the dealer said he couldn’t hear anything). I took it back to the dealership and rode in another LC. I couldn’t hear the noise in that one, so I know something is up with mine. This graph proves I’m not crazy!
IMG_7783.png
IMG_7781.jpeg

I downloaded an app on my phone that records sounds. In the first picture towards the right there are no spikes. The second picture represents when I can hear the noise. It has spikes around 14,000 hz. I’m thinking this is why some people can’t hear it (the guy at the dealer said he couldn’t hear anything). I took it back to the dealership and rode in another LC. I couldn’t hear the noise in that one, so I know something is up with mine. This graph proves I’m not crazy!
View attachment 4934View attachment 4935
My hearing cuts out around 10,000 hz so I wouldn’t be able to hear it but my wife or daughters would tell me I’m sure. Need to find a technician at the dealership less than 30 years old with good hearing so they can confirm to the dealership what you’re hearing.

Only 120 miles and I get a rattle/pinging sound when starting out (not at ideal) - when i rev the engine in neutral its there to0 - i think it’s comming from the exhaust system or under the vehicle but it seems to lessen as the vehicle gets warmer?

I'm glad somebody else can hear it. It's not the pedestrian warning noise. It's coming from under the car. I'm guessing it's something to do with the engine or transmission because the noise shuts off abruptly when stopped, which I think correlates with the auto start-stop feature. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow
Sorry for a noob question but I was wondering about your comment about the auto start-stop feature. Is that the one that shuts off the engine when you are stopped at a traffic light? Had that on an F150 and wasn't a fan

Sorry for a noob question but I was wondering about your comment about the auto start-stop feature. Is that the one that shuts off the engine when you are stopped at a traffic light? Had that on an F150 and wasn't a fan
Then you will be doubly disappointed with the Land Cruiser. It’s a feature.required for the operation of the vehicle and cannot be turned off.

It's a hybrid, not a gas engine alone, so not the same as auto start/stop. A lot of people seem to be confused about that. The electric motor is always on, it starts the gas engine when needed.

^^Thanks for posting! Think I'll have to go for a test drive before I make a commitment on one of these. None around here from what I hear.

The sound in the second video reminds me of brake wear indicator squeal. Or, as someone mentioned, a small rock caught between the pads and the rotor. Both would coincide with the sound stopping when the wheels aren’t turning. I’d pull each wheel off and check for indicator clearance and any obvious wear rings in the rotor face that would indicate a rock is scratching the rotor. Just to be sure it’s not something simple like that. If it is indeed the electric motor sound, then bummer and a dealbreaker for anyone who can hear that I’d think. Sorry OP.

Last edited:
Just heard the same tea kettle noise in our LC FÉ today. 300 miles on her. Only does it sporadically.

So for the first time I've noticed just today after getting the car serviced it makes the tea kettle / tinnitus sound when driving at all times. When completely at a stop it also stops. Did anyone else figure out a solution?

Back