Ringing noise that only stops when stopped 2024 LC

cruisercruising

📛 Founding Member
Jul 8, 2024
USA
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Hi,

I just purchased a new 2024 LC trim yesterday. I noticed there is a constant ringing that ONLY goes away when I am stopped. As soon as I let off the brake and the car begins to move the ringing starts. It doesn't stop again until I am completely stopped. Any clue what this could be?

Last edited:
Hi,

I just purchased a new 2024 LC trim yesterday. I noticed there is a constant ringing that ONLY goes away when I am stopped. As soon as I let off the brake and the car begins to move the ringing starts. It doesn't stop again until I am completely stopped. Any clue what this could be? I can post a video soon but not sure which host site is easiest around here. Thanks in advance

It's the law now that hybrid/electric vehicles have to make a pedestrian warning sound. Let's hope someone provides some aftermarket solutions that sound better...

It's the law now that hybrid/electric vehicles have to make a pedestrian warning sound. Let's hope someone provides some aftermarket solutions that sound better...

I don't think that is is based on how it sounds. I posted a video to the original post. It occurs at all speeds. You can hear it as I let off the brake in the video.

I can't hear anything in that video and have not heard it driving mine. I do have constant tinnitus from my time in the military so maybe it's in the same frequency so I can't hear that. There's been a few things I can't hear being in the same frequency range as my tinnitus.

I can't hear anything in that video and have not heard it driving mine. I do have constant tinnitus from my time in the military so maybe it's in the same frequency so I can't hear that. There's been a few things I can't hear being in the same frequency range as my tinnitus.
The ringing starts at about the 12-13 second mark in the video

I could barely hear anything, but there was a faint sound like a turbo whine, but really couldn't tell.

May want to video again it’s not easy to hear and your at a stop most of the video
I filmed it like that because it's harder to hear when I accelerate because of engine noise

I could barely hear anything, but there was a faint sound like a turbo whine, but really couldn't tell.
No it's not turbo whine. It's a VERY high pitched sound like tinnitus in your ear. Starts at the 12-13 second mark

May want to video again it’s not easy to hear and your at a stop most of the video
Here is a new video I took today. I think you can hear it better here. It stops completely when I stop but resumes when I let off the brake

Are you certain its not the pedestrian warning "spaceship" sounding noise you are hearing from inside the cabin? It is audible inside the cabin when driving.

Here is a new video I took today. I think you can hear it better here. It stops completely when I stop but resumes when I let off the brake

I could hear that a little better-
don’t laugh, but could there be a small rock in the wheel/brake area ?
That would be an annoying sound to me also, and it never stops unless u come to a stop ?

Are you certain its not the pedestrian warning "spaceship" sounding noise you are hearing from inside the cabin? It is audible inside the cabin when driving.
This is certainly what I have been hearing on my rig... it cuts out at 22mph and kicks back in when you drop below that speed. Very annoying. Only on when running electric, not when gas engine kicks in, I think.

That’s terrible.. I’m gonna hate that if this is what that is …

This is certainly what I have been hearing on my rig... it cuts out at 22mph and kicks back in when you drop below that speed. Very annoying. Only on when running electric, not when gas engine kicks in, I think.
Is it super annoying or something u can get use to ?

Other Toyota hybrid drivers say you get used to it eventually. Tesla used to allow you to change the sound but the FMVSS mandates the audible sound to warn blind people of oncoming vehicles. The problem is that ICE vehicles are now quieter and the blind community even objects to the mandate. There are youtube videos and online tutorials on how to quiet the sound or connect resistors to the wiring so that the warning message doesn't pop up if you disconnect the speaker. Problem is you are opening yourself up to potential lawsuits if you hit a a pedestrian and it is found you disconnected the warning speaker and Toyota dealerships also may report or refuse service if they notice it has been tampered with.

Good to know - if it mostly goes away at higher speeds - that’s how I like to drive anyway 😁

Exactly the same here, I heard nothing in the video and also suffer from severe tinnitus. Only had my FE on the road for a couple hours as i got it yesterday, I will try to pay attention and ride without the stereo. God its a good stereo in the FE though =)

Back