Removing front grill

Proyota

📛 Founding Member
Aug 9, 2024
Media
Mukilteo, WA
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser
Does anyone have the steps to remove the front grill? I’ve removed the top cover (8 push clips) and the three 10mm bolts, but she won’t budge 😭

I've never had it completely off and it looks quite involved, not hard but a lot of pieces.

My suggestion is to use colored sticker dots or pieces of painters tape to mark the locations/holes of the bolts/fasteners you remove. Having removed many of the panels on my LC at some point, I can tell you that even with a lot of experience as a mechanic and thinking "I'll remember where everything goes" The LC has so many panels that interlock/overlap and so many different types of bolts/screws/fasteners it's very hard to keep track of all of them.

When removing something I've never removed before, I normally use my cell phone and take a picture of each step etc........ even that method had me scratching my head. I purchased some colored sticker dots from Amazon (4 colors), I place a dot on the fastener and same colored dot on the hole (same color for each type fastener) it, along with pictures, allows a simple reassembly process.

Attachments

• Bumper Frt- INSTALLATION.pdf
    437.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Bumper Frt- REMOVAL.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thank you for those diagrams. I read them as you have to drop the whole front bumper to get access to the upper grill. That juice just ain’t worth the squeeze (I wanted to add a grill badge).

Thanks again ✌🏽

Folks around here have added the trd stripes in their grills. I think there are creative ways to get it done w/o removing grill. Trick is how to tighten the inside nuts on those long ass screws/posts from the outside of the grill. 🍿

Thank you for those diagrams. I read them as you have to drop the whole front bumper to get access to the upper grill. That juice just ain’t worth the squeeze (I wanted to add a grill badge).

Thanks again ✌🏽
You can prob gain access by removing the top panel. Just plastic rivets, no tools needed. Just push the center of the fastener down and it will disengage the rivet and remove with your fingers, takes 3 min tops.

I tried that yesterday (when I swapped out horns). Sadly you can’t gain access ☹️
Now I remember the grille shutter is in the way. If you have a Harbor Freight they sell some very log 90 degree needle nosed pliers that might be of assistance.

1726439626893.png

After removing the shroud like @EOD Guy suggested, I used a small ratchet along with an extension and deep well socket to install mine. Was pretty fiddly to install with the grille shutters in the way, but I'm happy with the result!

PXL_20240831_231717550.jpg

I bought the TRD badge, tried for 30 minutes to get it installed, and finally gave up. No badge for me unless I get really bored and creative this winter.

Back