Spare tire removal tool?

Sounds like your dealer doesn't know how to use TIS properly. If you search "spare" in TIS for the 24 LC, its one of the first knowledge base articles to show up.

It also has a direct link to the digital manual to page 608.
Let's just say I'm not surprised and I would not recommend this dealership to anyone. They are pretty clueless.

I'm very Grateful for this community. Thank you for all your help.

Thank you so much for providing the page number. You're correct, I did not see that (And apparently the dealer didn't either)

That Was very helpful And I will try it this week to make sure I know how to do it. So that the first time I tried is not when I have a flat...
It’s worth doing so you know how to do this. Also, you may need to air down your spare because they put about 50 pounds in it.

Let's just say I'm not surprised and I would not recommend this dealership to anyone. They are pretty clueless.

I'm very Grateful for this community. Thank you for all your help.
Most stealerships are clueless nowadays. I knew more about this Land Cruiser than anyone at the stealership before it even arrived. My sales person asked me what was the difference between the three different trim levels. The service department couldn’t even tell me what the Lugnuts should be torqued to. I eventually found it in the manual. 97 ft lbs if anyone is curious.

Most stealerships are clueless nowadays. I knew more about this Land Cruiser than anyone at the stealership before it even arrived. My sales person asked me what was the difference between the three different trim levels. The service department couldn’t even tell me what the Lugnuts should be torqued to. I eventually found it in the manual. 97 ft lbs if anyone is curious.
I feel the same way when I go to my local dealer. They were pretty uneducated about it. However, the sales guy at the Lexus dealer was pretty informed about the GX. Maybe that’s why he was at the Lexus dealership instead of the Toyota dealer…..he’d done his homework.

Flip up the passenger seat on the driver’s side. There is a storage compartment in the bed of the cargo area behind the seat. Looked for it for a long time before someone told me.

Thought this was interesting, when I was having KO3's put on, I opted for the spare to get a tire swap as well. Discount Tire informed me (and I saw them struggling with this in person through the window in the waiting lobby) that the crank for lowering the spare didn't fully lower the tire. They were able to get it lowered, but still not touching the ground. Had to have 3 guys go under and lift it off manually from the chain.

The manager told me he tried the crank too (using the proper tool from the kit included w/ the LC) and said any harder then normal force might've broken in the chain crank, told me to have Toyota look at it cause it wasn't working properly.

Thought this was interesting, when I was having KO3's put on, I opted for the spare to get a tire swap as well. Discount Tire informed me (and I saw them struggling with this in person through the window in the waiting lobby) that the crank for lowering the spare didn't fully lower the tire. They were able to get it lowered, but still not touching the ground. Had to have 3 guys go under and lift it off manually from the chain.

The manager told me he tried the crank too (using the proper tool from the kit included w/ the LC) and said any harder then normal force might've broken in the chain crank, told me to have Toyota look at it cause it wasn't working properly.
Strange. Mine went all the way down to the ground. I lowered it just so I knew where all the tools were, how to do it, to lower the effing psi to a reasonable level from 50. I know they lose air overtime, but there’s a TPS and an indicator in my vehicle so I could monitor it.

Strange. Mine went all the way down to the ground. I lowered it just so I knew where all the tools were, how to do it, to lower the effing psi to a reasonable level from 50. I know they lose air overtime, but there’s a TPS and an indicator in my vehicle so I could monitor it.
After this discussion going to test mine out asap!

Back