Remote Start

Endurance

📛 Founding Member
Sep 13, 2024
Acton Ontario Canada
Vehicles
2023 4Runner and new Land Cruiser Premium ordered
Good evening folks, just a question regarding the remote start options on the new Land Cruiser Premium. Has Toyota finally changed it so that we can remotely start the engine and open the door without it shutting off? My new LC hasn’t arrived yet so was hopeful that this issue has changed. Thanks for your thoughts!

Good evening folks, just a question regarding the remote start options on the new Land Cruiser Premium. Has Toyota finally changed it so that we can remotely start the engine and open the door without it shutting off? My new LC hasn’t arrived yet so was hopeful that this issue has changed. Thanks for your thoughts!
It'll stay on for 10 minutes unless you push the button.
Quite often when your remote start, the "start" button on the app only shows "stop" in red and doesn't change unless you close the app and reopen it. A little bug I had on my Tacoma also but not a big deal.
My biggest pet peeve is that when you open the door it'll ask you yes or no if you want vehicle to shut off after one hour. I wish it would give you smaller increments. I've gotten out a few times if it wasn't for me leaning back in for something, I would've left it running for hours.
My wife did that on her Honda once. I was up in the middle all night about 3 AM and I could see her parking lights on through the front curtain. I'm like what the heck? I went out and it was running. She got home about 4 o'clock in the evening. All those hours idling!
In the 90s and early 2000s they used to tell you not to let a vehicle idle for more than 10 minutes at a time. I don't know why that ever changed or how. Any feedback?

Last edited:
Remote starting with the fob is underwhelming. The few times I’ve tried I had to be within 20 feet of the vehicle. I’ll definitely purchase the app. I would like to think it’s just me or my fob but my experience with Toyota remote start over the years has been disappointing.

Back