Interior Trim Removal

@EOD Guy, you haven't happened to do the back of the center console yet?

View attachment 9045
I haven't needed to........... Page 6, is the start of the removal. It looks like the main trim panel is held on by the arrow fasteners and just grasp it on each side about level with the upper/bottom row of buttons and yank it straight backwards. The lower trim (shoe) looks like it has a screw/bolt holding it in place.

Attachments

• FRONT CONSOLE BOX (w-o Cool Box)_ REMOVAL.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
I haven't needed to........... Page 6, is the start of the removal. It looks like the main trim panel is held on by the arrow fasteners and just grasp it on each side about level with the upper/bottom row of buttons and yank it straight backwards. The lower trim (shoe) looks like it has a screw/bolt holding it in place.
I almost just tried to pop the "shoe" off and I'm REALLY glad I waited. I would have been very upset if I'd cracked that piece because I was impatient. The screw would have screwed me. ;)

Thanks again!

I almost just tried to pop the "shoe" off and I'm REALLY glad I waited. I would have been very upset if I'd cracked that piece because I was impatient. The screw would have screwed me. ;)

Thanks again!
I know right....... I've destroyed so many things over the years due to "If I pull just a little harder" . With the Toyotas and access to TIS, I subscribe for a month and down load the wiring diagrams and as many Maint related items as I think I'll need. In the LCs case the wiring diagrams are not near as concise as the Tacomas but the trim panels diagrams are much better, however they are very confusing....... I guess if you had the TIS year around it wouldn't be so bad as everything is hyper-linked, but down loading PDFs and click on a link, sometimes it'll add the step to the one you have open and other times it takes you to a whole different area. Maybe this winter I'll combine some of the PDFs and remove the unusable content.

These guys offer an amp for the factory JBL sound system and in this video, show clearly how to remove much of the front dash and center console trim in the process, enjoy!

Beat-Sonic Amp Install (no affiliation!)
This could be useful in the future for sure. I'll be installing a WeBoost cell phone booster at some point and will need to take apart the front part of the console for sure. Also, on my 200 series, the Satellite antennae was TERRIBLE, especially if you had anything on the roof like a rack. So, I hacked the OEM system and put a low key Sirius antenna just above my windshield and never have a problem with reception again. However, guessing which plug was the right one for the antenna and what style of plug it was took a LOT of research to find.

These guys offer an amp for the factory JBL sound system and in this video, show clearly how to remove much of the front dash and center console trim in the process, enjoy!

Beat-Sonic Amp Install (no affiliation!)
Man do I wish I had that a few days ago! I took out those things after about 2 hours of praying I didn't break anything.

Not really interior trim but the rear bumper colored panels.

These are a royal pain to remove! There are three plastic keepers located along the bottom edge of the cover, easy to see. There is a tab on each white keeper (see picture below) that must be depressed while sliding out the white keeper. The three on the bottom are fairly easy, the two on the upper/outer edge are tricky.

I removed the top bumper cover (the one you would step/sit on) it pulls straight up, no tools required. With a flashlight you can look down into the small slots (that the bumper cover snapped into) and see the white keepers, I used a long skinny screwdriver to depress the tab and at the same time shove it to the side, where it fell into the cover area. Once the cover was off the tabs were easily recovered. I'm not quite sure how I'll get the keepers back on, to be determined after the paint dries....... LOL

Attachments

• Bumper Cover.JPG
    Bumper Cover.JPG
    518.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back