Rear Seats Be Gone !!

They did mention they were going to have storage for where the second seats were.

However, we didn't talk about locking mechanisms.

You can email, call or text them And ask that question or suggest it. They were very responsive.

Can you relay a message? Let the know a locking section for valuables would be nice.
I just texted the company and they said they are most likely going to put a lock in the storage where the second row seats were and they said it might even accommodate a rifle. That's how big it could be.

Just spoke with goose gear today and they informed me that they are in the process of making a flat platform Base plate for the LC when the second row seat is removed. They said it would be out in about 2 to 3 months.
Hopefully it is modular so I could leave the 40 split in and remove the 60 side. I believe their 4Runner setup is designed like this.

Reactions: Don
Hopefully it is modular so I could leave the 40 split in and remove the 60 side. I believe their 4Runner setup is designed like this.
Even better would be 3 sections.....rear, 40, 60. That way you could leave the rear plate installed and put the seats back in when not full-on overlanding.

They have a new image on their website where you can see the prototype. According to the site, it should be launch August 1st

Looks like they changed the image on their site however according to them it should go on sale on Aug 1st

I had the rear seat tumbled up in mine and noticed a don’t step sign under them. I wonder what this is about.

It’s gone live but looks like the don’t currently have anything for the rear seats - Goose Gear Toyota - Land Cruiser - 2024-Present - LC250 - Explore Series - Rear Plate System
Yes, they said they will later in the year. However, I'm not too crazy about the initial platform because you lose all of the storage space towards the rear hatch door and the empty hole that's left is useless for me because any items that are stored there will come falling out every time the hatch is open.

It's also very expensive for what it is.

I might just have to do my own...

Yes, they said they will later in the year. However, I'm not too crazy about the initial platform because you lose all of the storage space towards the rear hatch door and the empty hole that's left is useless for me because any items that are stored there will come falling out every time the hatch is open.

Weird that they don’t have the photos with the rear seats flat.

I think it's neat, you can still use that storage area around battery, while also having drawers permanently mounted on top. With 8" drawer should be possible to extend the platform of drawers to make a sleeping pad, wheel wells are a bummer, 43" inches between them, wish they were lower so you can get the full 55".

Weird that they don’t have the photos with the rear seats flat.

IMG_4715.heic

I think the "plate" system is very expensive for the functionality. I can strap down a couple of large containers in the back without paying them anything.

They key to adding meaningful interior storage is seat removal. I agree with being able to remove only the 60 side would be desirable.

An $800 Yakima rooftop carrier is also a lot better value. But uncool, of course, for overlanding.

Putting sleeping aside, a system that fills the back floor to ceiling with drawers and a slider makes the most use of the height. That approach in particular makes use of the rear camera system in higher trim LC..

What the name of the aluminum extruded framing system than vanlife and wrangler owners use to make drawer systems? I need to look into building a removable drawer sysem than can be fastened in back to the existing tie downs.

What the name of the aluminum extruded framing system than vanlife and wrangler owners use to make drawer systems? I need to look into building a removable drawer sysem than can be fastened in back to the existing tie downs.
I think that stuff is referred to as 80/20… big rabbit hole you are about to go down.

I think that stuff is referred to as 80/20… big rabbit hole you are about to go down.
I'm talking to a guy on Etsy that builds with that system. I'm getting a quote for two drawers in back. I like the idea of being able to do future attachments to the top slots in that system, for use such as tie downs or even a refrigerator slider.

I'm realizing that drawers make a pretty good antitheft system, as someone breaking a window could not open the back. A small safe could also be attached at the back of the drawers. Not that a thief with tools and time could defeat drawers and small safes.

TrailRecon with a more verticle build:

Last edited:
That's a great question and I didn't know so I went to the garage and checked.

Sadly the answer is no not even close.View attachment 8554
I used to own Honda Element that allows the front and rear seat to be flat into an almost flat bed. and My Xterra also allows the back seat cushion to be taken off and front seat recline almost to flash. This is the feature that I really really miss. I thought NHTSC probably have some rule to ban that for safety, but then I was excited again when I saw F-150 EV allows flat seat. It is a shame that I can't find this feature in almost any cars these days.

Back