Rear Hatch Struts

jhartz4533

📛 Founding Member
Aug 26, 2024
South Carolina
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 1958
Has anyone found any heavier-duty rear hatch struts for the LC 250 (1958)? Added a Prinsu Ladder and the hatch won't stay open anymore...

Has anyone found any heavier-duty rear hatch struts for the LC 250 (1958)? Added a Prinsu Ladder and the hatch won't stay open anymore...
I don't have the ladder but I wish I could change mine as well to go higher on the 58.

If there was an aftermarket solution for stronger and or higher struts, I would jump on it.

I've noticed the struts on the units with the assisted door open are quite a bit larger. Any chance these may fit?
Thanks! They should fit, but they are significantly more expensive. I’m confident there will be aftermarket ones in the future, as they were for my 5th gen 4Runner. Joys of having a first year model!?

I don't have the ladder but I wish I could change mine as well to go higher on the 58.

If there was an aftermarket solution for stronger and or higher struts, I would jump on it.
For sure! I will continue to keep a lookout for struts that fit and make sure I update the forum.

Back