Real World mpg

Just did a little over 900 miles over the weekend from Rochester, NY to Dayton, OH. Highway speed averaging 80 ish(!) and finished with 20.5 MPG.
I've found similar...80mph gets a little over 20mpg. I fought my instinct and drove 70-73 for a while and was getting 22-24, so there definitely seems to be an air resistance penalty over 75!

When people re posting their mpg data, what drive mode are folks using? Eco, Normal or Sport? Or does that even matter? I assumed Eco would yield the best result.

About 250 miles and I’m at 17.4 mpg…probably 2/3 city, 1/3 hwy. I do have a bit of a heavy foot when accelerating…I’m happy with it…best mileage of the cars I own.
Mostly normal drive mode, though I tried sport mode out of curiosity…didn’t notice any difference in how it drove. Hoping it will improve slightly after some more “break in” miles…I have the OEM Michelins, so it will prob only get worse once I put some AT tires on…
I installed the FE skid plates, so not sure if the added weight is enough to make a difference in mpg vs standard skid plate…these are much heavier.

Back