Real World mpg

I don't have any data to back this up, but I imagine running AC saps around 1 MPG. If both front and rear AC are running, around 2 MPG.
Don’t they both use the same compressor?

It’s there.
-Scroll all the way to the right in the DID,
- Select the picture of the two dials with the gear on it.
-Scroll down to the leaf image & select
  • Select Fuel Economy
  • Select ‘Tank Average’. It will reset at each fill-up
Do you go to settings in the middle first and then scroll all the way to the right? (When i do that I get the checklist for the right cluster). Or do you have to be a 2 or 3 dial configuration first? I have never seen those options and it reseting each start is driving me nuts!

So I did more menu diving today, and have come to a conspiracy theory level conclusion - the tank average is only available on the 1958 trim. It looks like you have a 1958, and the driver information screen is a little different on that. I have the LC trim and I legitimately can only find the option to choose between trip and total average. 👀
Ah, that's why I can't find it on my LCLC. (And why the F would they not make that available in other trims??)

But even with total selected, it keeps resetting each start. Is there another menu where it needs to be selected?

Attachments

• 20240826_073803.jpg
    20240826_073803.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 40
Ah, that's why I can't find it on my LCLC. (And why the F would they not make that available in other trims??)

But even with total selected, it keeps resetting each start. Is there another menu where it needs to be selected?
The widget always shows the current trip MPG. That’s the one you see in the picture and I don’t think that can be changed.

The setting you are looking at will configure the fuel economy display (i.e. on one of the side displays like where you have your turbo gauge in that image.

You can also view the “total” average on the infotainment display under trip information.

On the infotainment display there is an “update” button. I hit that when I get gas which will reset the “total” average and basically turn that into a “tank” average.

Ah, ok. Kinda annoying that you can't change the widget (either to Total or something totdally different) - i don't really need 2 MPG displays up at the same time.

Picked up my LC yesterday. Michelin LTX trail 265s, a giant Yakima roof box, skid plates. Otherwise stock LC trim.

Drove it from Las Vegas -> flagstaff -> Navajo -> Cortez yesterday, then from Cortez to Denver today. Never over 70mph, mostly at speed limit. 90% of the time I let cruise control do the driving in eco mode.

Day one, about 500 miles. Cumulative elevation gain of 19k ft and loss of 14.5k ft. Economy started around 14mpg, slowly crept up to about 21.5 where I called it a night outside cortez

Day two, from Cortez to Denver. 3 mountain passes, lots of twisty mountain roads, long stretches of flat and straight valley roads interspersed with mountain townsz cumulative elevation gain 18k ft, loss 19k. By the time I had passed through Bailey my mpg was 25.7.

Pretty impressed all things considered. Wish I didn’t drink the fancy fuel though

I have found the perfect driving condition is around 55-60 on a flat road. Mine kept going into electric mode and for two hours I averaged 35 mpg. Most general highway driving up and down its more like 19mpg. I just did a 1400 mile road trip and saw all sorts of conditions. I even had a strong head wind and got 14 mpg. I think average is around 19-20 most driving conditions. I have 1500 miles on the car now.

First tank probably 75% hwy I'm at 21.6 calculated. Dash indicates 21.2.

Normal mode and continental a/t tires stock size.

1. It's worth mentionin that 93 Octane isn't available in California - I believe the LC is tuned for 93, so all of the Toyota-proposed 22/23 MPG numbers are when the car is running 93
-I have a LC trim, Premium Package w/Falken Rubitrek 285/70R18's (SL/stock-size) and when running 91 (due to 93 not being available in CA) I'm averaging 18.5
-I'd feel better if everyone getting 21/23 MPG is running 93-Octane and the rest of us in CA are actually getting 19-20 due to 91-Octane lol
2. Another note worth mentioning, when I calculate MPG manually (miles divided by gallons purchased) it's different than what's showing on my display

Would be helpful if everyone mentioned what octane they're running along with their location/LC model, and how they calculated ie: using dash or manual

I cried a little today when I was driving my RAV4 (hybrid) instead of the Land Cruiser and saw the 550mi estimated range on the current tank. (~44mpg during non-winter)

IMG_9483.jpeg

It seems that everyone getting 21/23 MPG is outside of CA as they're using 93

All of us stuck in Commie-fornia, using 91 - are getting around 18/19...

It seems that everyone getting 21/23 MPG is outside of CA as they're using 93

All of us stuck in Commie-fornia, using 91 - are getting around 18/19...
I don't think that is the answer. My mileage is still in the 20's even when running 87 octane at 70 mph.

I cried a little today when I was driving my RAV4 (hybrid) instead of the Land Cruiser and saw the 550mi estimated range on the current tank. (~44mpg during non-winter)

View attachment 11849
I'm feeling similarly 😀. My dd was my f250 with a 58gal tank. I could often get 900 miles out of a tank, of course depending on conditions.

I am having range anxiety now 😆 I'm going to have to make sure I keep an eye on the fuel gauge. The weeks between fill ups I guess is in my past. Still, my costs will go down so there is a positive side.

Well you should probably cancel your order…100% takes premium and I’m averaging 18.5 mpg with a combination of highway and back roads.
FYI Premium is the suggested octane. However, this is not required! You can run unleaded and you will not notice a difference! I still buy Premium but this is for optimum performance.!

Last couple tanks I'm around 18.5-19.5 mpg. Always on premium gas.
Some trips I get 23mpg, other trips 16mpg, all depends if I'm going uphill/downhill, traffic/going fast and so on.
my commute is only 10 miles and 600-700 ft altitude difference with a lot of ups and downs in the middle, so it varies a lot depending if I have a slow one in front, or if I'm driving like gramma or a maniac 😅

Back