Purchasing Process + Purchasing Advice

Except for actually paying for it, a painless experience at my local dealer. When I pointed out examples of 1958 models were already being discounted I received a $500 discount for a cash payment. A bit worrying to see discounts already, hopefully it'll be a keeper.

I had a very similar tactic that the OP utilized. I had been on the hunt for a Heritage Blue LC trim premium with Java interior. All of the dealerships were marking up or they called it a market adjustment, such BS. I am a very patient person. I absolutely refused to pay mark ups. I would have dealers call me and refuse to remove the market so I told them I would be buying elsewhere.

At one dealership I requested to speak with the sales manager. He seemed nice while we talked on the phone and I confirmed this vehicle was exactly what I was looking for. I also told him that I don't want to waste anyone's time but I was ready to buy right now. I then asked him what the price was. He asked me what I was willing to pay, basically trying to have me negotiate against myself I told him that I'd pay no more then MSRP. He blew a gasket and complained that he doesn't share the price because he knew I wasn't going to be willing to pay over MSRP. I fired back with "Why the hell did you waste my time." I had the last laugh because my wife found what I was looking for at another dealership and I did not pay over MSRP. She also was able to also acquire the all weather mats, cargo mat, and upgraded mud flats for no additional cost.

We are super happy with the purchase. The mark ups are ridiculous, and refuse to pay markups (which includes the dumb add on's). Like the OP and others be ready to walk away, I did many times.

Back