Purchase via Smartpath

My Dealer had the MSRP and their ADM listed on the Toyota site. Guess I'm not understanding what the issue is.
So I believe the issue is a bait and switch. It's happened on SmartPath multiple times to me where it's advertised at one price (MSRP) and then I call or email and there's an ADM of 3k or 5k or whatever

So I believe the issue is a bait and switch. It's happened on SmartPath multiple times to me where it's advertised at one price (MSRP) and then I call or email and there's an ADM of 3k or 5k or whatever
So your Toyota screen doesn't look like this? Not seeing where this is bait and switch and further down is the message "contact dealer for price". Now way too high a markup, but it's your choice to pursue.
1718101011710.png

So it'll say dealer advertised price at MSRP. Let's say $77400. Then when pursuing it, they'll say, oh btw it's a 3k ADM so the actual price is $80400. But they don't advertise that or say "contact dealer for price." They actively advertise MSRP

So it'll say dealer advertised price at MSRP. Let's say $77400. Then when pursuing it, they'll say, oh btw it's a 3k ADM so the actual price is $80400. But they don't advertise that or say "contact dealer for price." They actively advertise MSRP
Yeah, I've experienced this twice myself. They get by with this by advertising "TSRP" and then hitting you with their actual price when you inquire.

I understand now, maybe a "not so up front stealer"

I haven’t been to a dealership physically in the past 20 years to negotiate buying a car. Every new vehicle I purchased in the past was ironed out with emails. I do not have time to waste in dealerships and get screwed over.
LMAO. Good for you. I’ve bought vehicles over the phone and online too. I just don’t whine about a bad experience. I move onto another dealer that will honor their price or is easy to deal with. I don’t have time complaining about bad dealers. Write an email to Toyota and move on. The time you spent on her complaining you could have probably found a Land Cruiser for the correct price.

LMAO. Good for you. I’ve bought vehicles over the phone and online too. I just don’t whine about a bad experience. I move onto another dealer that will honor their price or is easy to deal with. I don’t have time complaining about bad dealers. Write an email to Toyota and move on. The time you spent on her complaining you could have probably found a Land Cruiser for the correct price.
Exactly

Back