18" vs 20" wheels on the Land Cruiser mid-trim w/ premium package

A lot of trouble just for summer. In New England summer is what, July 4?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I lived in Maine for 10 years and we had two seasons, winter and mud.
Here in boston we have winter, humid and construction. I saw that at dealers out west (denver, arizona) the LC comes with 18". Maybe they can get one rerouted from there. Still don't know what trim I want though.

I gave up looking for a LC Premium without 20" wheels in the Northeast.. never saw a single one. Just figured in the cost of wheel and tire change to the car.
Same here. I looking within 250 miles of me. About 80 white LC trim when I got mine. Every single one has the 20 inch wheels. I don't mind how they look but would have preferred the 18s.

A lot of trouble just for summer. In New England summer is what, July 4?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I lived in Maine for 10 years and we had two seasons, winter and mud.
It’s about 6 months winter tire 6 months summer tires. If the winter tires are on their last season I’ll finish them off through the summer.

I recently picked up a LC premium with 20” wheels. They do look pretty good. However the PSI in the tires are at 55 which seems crazy high. The ride is kinda rough on the highway and every little bump is felt. I have the factory Dunlap’s on there. Has anyone experienced this and did anyone reduce the PSI for a smoother ride?

This is a regional question: where is Toyota only shipping Premium package Land Cruisers with 20" wheels vs. 18" wheels?

I'm in the SFBay area, and I haven't seen (in person or on Toyota's site) a local premium package LC w/o 20" wheels, salespeople I've asked have unanimously said they have no choice on that. When I was in New Mexico not long ago I happened to check what was incoming to dealers there, and all the premium package LCs there had 18" wheels. This morning I thought to check the Reno area in Nevada, thinking surely it would be pretty much the same as the bay area. Nope, the ones I checked all came with 18" wheels. Edit: Flagstaff Arizona also has 18" wheels.

If it was dealer greed, I'm pretty sure I'd be seeing a mix between dealers no matter where I look, but it seems pretty uniform within any region. This has me wondering, is Toyota intentionally not sending 20" wheels to more rural states or areas because (having grown up in a rural area) those folks will just laugh at those wheels for being entirely inappropriate on that kind of vehicle? And only shipping them to places they think the LCs will mostly end up as mall crawlers? (And also, this has wondering if I could make a nice weekend trip to the Sierras out of buying a Land Cruiser in Reno . . .)

(Window stickers attached as examples, I have no idea what the dealer asking price or current availability on any of those vehicles are.)
I was contacted by several Northeast dealers offering me LC's. Every premium package LCLC had 20" wheels. Likewise the LC I ended up with has 20"'s. Turns out I really like them better than the black 18"s but Im not managing for proper off-roading, just gravel/dirt roads.

This is a regional question: where is Toyota only shipping Premium package Land Cruisers with 20" wheels vs. 18" wheels?

I'm in the SFBay area, and I haven't seen (in person or on Toyota's site) a local premium package LC w/o 20" wheels, salespeople I've asked have unanimously said they have no choice on that. When I was in New Mexico not long ago I happened to check what was incoming to dealers there, and all the premium package LCs there had 18" wheels. This morning I thought to check the Reno area in Nevada, thinking surely it would be pretty much the same as the bay area. Nope, the ones I checked all came with 18" wheels. Edit: Flagstaff Arizona also has 18" wheels.

If it was dealer greed, I'm pretty sure I'd be seeing a mix between dealers no matter where I look, but it seems pretty uniform within any region. This has me wondering, is Toyota intentionally not sending 20" wheels to more rural states or areas because (having grown up in a rural area) those folks will just laugh at those wheels for being entirely inappropriate on that kind of vehicle? And only shipping them to places they think the LCs will mostly end up as mall crawlers? (And also, this has wondering if I could make a nice weekend trip to the Sierras out of buying a Land Cruiser in Reno . . .)

(Window stickers attached as examples, I have no idea what the dealer asking price or current availability on any of those vehicles are.)
I got mine in southern MO and it has 20” wheels. I passed up one in Kansas that also did.

I recently picked up a LC premium with 20” wheels. They do look pretty good. However the PSI in the tires are at 55 which seems crazy high. The ride is kinda rough on the highway and every little bump is felt. I have the factory Dunlap’s on there. Has anyone experienced this and did anyone reduce the PSI for a smoother ride?
Check the door jam sticker, they're probably supposed to be at 33 and the dealer forgot to deflate them after shipping.

I have searched dozens of vehicles within 500 miles of Duluth, MN, and found exactly 1 - ONE!! - LC Premie with 18" wheels. It was down by Milwaukee, WI, over 400 miles from my house.

I like to explore the forest roads in northern Minnesota, so I wanted the larger sidewall. The 20" wheels were a concern and were certainly not worth the extra +$1200 for a step backwards. When I learned that the FE's come with 18 inch wheels AND a skid plate as well as rock rails, the price difference became more tolerable.

My FE in Trail Dust - with only the door-edge guards as an option - should be here within a month.

I'm in SoCal and bought my LCLC with the PP. Mine came with the 18" wheels. I could negotiate the price because of the 18" wheels, which in fact I wanted.

Check the door jam sticker, they're probably supposed to be at 33 and the dealer forgot to deflate them after shipping.
Dealers never forget; perhaps just overlook, busy busy... My spare is at 53 lb, all others in 32-35 range. I should test them all.

Back