PPF

Getting some on mine Tuesday, will be my first time. Figure I invested in a solid car that’s meant to last a long time why not spend a little more to keep it pristine externally during that timeframe. Isn’t the most “fun” use of money as Id rather get new wheels and tires, but again think it’s a good investment.

Just remember to remove it before it get brittle . If not it’s scrape off and repaint .

Appreciate feedback here on PPF or ceramic esp opines about brands like 3M vs others preferred .

Getting some on mine Tuesday, will be my first time. Figure I invested in a solid car that’s meant to last a long time why not spend a little more to keep it pristine externally during that timeframe. Isn’t the most “fun” use of money as Id rather get new wheels and tires, but again think it’s a good investment.
a complete wrap or just the bra and mirror option. I'm doing Expel as well, but am undecided on wrapping the entire vehicle.

Im just doing bra and mirrors, whole car would be nice but pretty expensive in San Diego (almost $5k for entire car)
Any advice on where to go in San Diego ?lots of options /prices Thanx!

Any advice on where to go in San Diego ?lots of options /prices Thanx!
This is my first time doing tint and ppf.. I read a Reddit forum about different options for “higher end” shops and ended up reaching out to - elite finishes, one on one, and Mr tint.

Elite finishes was most expensive and we’re using a tint and ppf that was fairly new / unproven. One on one and Mr tint both use xpel, one on one was a touch more expensive but looked more legit than Mr tint, so went with them.

I have had multiple cars ranging from zero to full PPF and here is my opinion.

I would not bother with PPF on any car priced under $100K, unless it is somehow special or limited.

Consider any costs paid for PPF for your own personal enjoyment while you own the car. When you go to sell (whether it's next year or in 10 years) you will get exactly $0 more because your car has PPF.

Back