Picked up a 6 pack

bluescruiser

📛 Founding Member
Sep 10, 2024
Media
Canada
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser (Standard Package)
Grabbed a few filters today as I’ll be doing a change or two in between the OEM recommended intervals and am about to do my break-in oil change.

I also picked up some Kirkland Signature 0W-20 as it’s much cheaper than the Toyota-branded Mobil 1 and it seems to tick all the boxes as far as requirements go. From what I’ve read, it’s decent stuff.

Anyone do an oil change on their LC with this stuff yet or have used it in the past?

Edit: these filters are so tiny, I feel like they are half the size of the 90915-YZZD3 I was using on my ‘02 Sequoia 😂

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0006.jpeg
    IMG_0006.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 25
Yep. I got the Costco oil on sale for $29 for the 2-pack. Bonus for me is that the Toyota filters and motor oil are the same for my LC as for my kid's Prius C. Look for a pack of oil drain plug crush washers and you'll be set for a while.

Yep. I got the Costco oil on sale for $29 for the 2-pack. Bonus for me is that the Toyota filters and motor oil are the same for my LC as for my kid's Prius C. Look for a pack of oil drain plug crush washers and you'll be set for a while.
Well now that’s convenient! I got the oil on sale for $39 CDN, so roughly the same price once you factor in the conversion rate.

I made sure to get the crush washers as well. For $8 I can’t imagine why anyone would consider aftermarket oil filters

I’ve been using the Kirkland brand 0-20 in all my vehicles for years with no issues. It drains just as easily as anything else I’ve used and seems to be collecting the contaminants from the engine just fine.

Back