Low Fuel warning

MSLCFE

📛 Founding Member
Jun 8, 2024
Media
Milwaukee, WI
Managed to get down to one mile…wanted to see the warning, or if anything else happened, like a sound, blinking something, but it was just this and didn’t risk it any more. Thought I’d share!

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpeg
    IMG_2375.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 144
Managed to get down to one mile…wanted to see the warning, or if anything else happened, like a sound, blinking something, but it was just this and didn’t risk it any more. Thought I’d share!
How much did your tank hold?

I've gone beyond that several times. There's a small reserve in there and that thing is only accurate to a certain point. You might've had different driving between tank fulls.
One tankful you might've drove highway the other tankful you might've drove city and another tankful you might've drove mixed so that number does vary at times.
I know I've gone at least 5 miles when it when it said, "Refuel Now."
Once it ran out and I threw it in a neutral and was able to coast up to the gas pump just before I turned into the gas station. Now that was close!

Once I was filling up my Colorado at my favorite gas station and I was that dead empty. I put my 18 gallons in and squeezing the pump slowly and stopping at times for it to go down to the tank, I wound up putting about 21 gallons into the truck. So I went in and talked to the owner and told him I think there was a problem with this pump. He explained to me that gas tanks are designed fill up at 80%. (That is the same way they fill propane tanks.)

I usually get about 2 gallons more into my LC once the pump shuts off and I work it slowly. The other day it did overflow on me because I was doing it too slow and was talking to somebody not paying attention.
I don't know how much over that 18 gallons it goes because I haven't let the LC run down that low. I try to fill up about every half a tank full so it doesn't look like so much with spending on this premium gas.

I've gone beyond that several times. There's a small reserve in there and that thing is only accurate to a certain point. You might've had different driving between tank fulls.
One tankful you might've drove highway the other tankful you might've drove city and another tankful you might've drove mixed so that number does vary at times.
I know I've gone at least 5 miles when it when it said, "Refuel Now."
Once it ran out and I threw it in a neutral and was able to coast up to the gas pump just before I turned into the gas station. Now that was close!

Once I was filling up my Colorado at my favorite gas station and I was that dead empty. I put my 18 gallons in and squeezing the pump slowly and stopping at times for it to go down to the tank, I wound up putting about 21 gallons into the truck. So I went in and talked to the owner and told him I think there was a problem with this pump. He explained to me that gas tanks are designed fill up at 80%. (That is the same way they fill propane tanks.)

I usually get about 2 gallons more into my LC once the pump shuts off and I work it slowly. The other day it did overflow on me because I was doing it too slow and was talking to somebody not paying attention.
I don't know how much over that 18 gallons it goes because I haven't let the LC run down that low. I try to fill up about every half a tank full so it doesn't look like so much with spending on this premium gas.
There is a charcoal canister designed to reclaim the fumes from the tank, so as to not pollute the environment. If you keep doing that, over filling your tank, you will be in for a costly repair, when your charcoal canister is filled with fuel… DAMHIKT. The Car Car Nut has done a video on it as well.

There is a charcoal canister designed to reclaim the fumes from the tank, so as to not pollute the environment. If you keep doing that, over filling your tank, you will be in for a costly repair, when your charcoal canister is filled with fuel… DAMHIKT. The Car Car Nut has done a video on it as well.
Hey thanks so much for that. I never heard of that before. I am officially stopped.

Back