Only getting 17mpg

LC FE, 2500 or so miles, driving entirely in Normal mode, mix of highway and in town, stock tires/wheels, averaging 20.2, and I usually set the cruise at 77 on the interstates.

I have an extremely heavy foot and moving over to try hybrid has been a learning experience. You really need to practice fighting the mpg bar for a few drives to understand how your acceleration and breaking really effects the mpg. This is my morning driven in SoCal traffic this morning. I’m getting better.
What trim is your LC? My dash looks way different from yours. I have LC LC.

Checking in after putting some hwy/mountain driving on the LC from Santa Fe to Granby, CO to YMCA of the Rockies for a week of scent work detection training with my dog. Site had dirt roads and 20 mph speed limit and had to drive to all the search areas. Also received the oil test from Blackstone which was pulled at 598 miles, and now at 1,588 after ~ 800 mile trip. I really don't like coming back from CO on a Sunday due to the RVs and other slow pokes and getting stuck behind them for miles. LC has some serious torque/power at higher speeds, got up to 90 multiple times, found it a little difficult maintaining lanes at high altitude with the KO3's but manageable. From Granby south to Antonito, CO I was down to 38 miles of gas left which I thought was good with the driving conditions and moderate to high speed. Got stuck in a line of cars on hwy 285S in NM that took about 20 minutes to get out of due to very few passing opps.

Overall YTD combined gas mileage was 21.3 mpg over 1,588, I think it will get better as I don't normally drive over 80 much. Probably would have gotten 1 - 2 mpg better if the original Michelins were still on the vehicle instead of the KO3's. Running them at 35 lbs.

The Blackstone testing was at 588 miles, oil was super black like coal tar and smelled like straight up gas, super strong which they indicated happens frequently in new engines. I put Pennzoil ultra platinum 0w-20 in and an Ecogard 10k synthetic filter which likely is better than the factory filter. The oil is still clear, will likely have it changed again after 2 long trips to western CO for dog trials in November. Paid $4.43/gallon premium for multiple fill ups in CO, filled up yesterday in Santa Fe premium $3.23/gallon, something is wrong with that picture but I will take the $3.23 at Valero all day. The verbiage from Blackstone is below:

"Thanks for noting the oil's strong gas smell. It doesn't always take much fuel in the oil for it to smell
like gas, and this sample's 370°F flashpoint suggests only 0.8% of this sample is fuel. That isn't enough to
show or cause a problem. If you want to monitor for excess fuel dilution, though, you could check the
dipstick from time to time to see if the oil level is rising. This sample's high levels of aluminum, copper, and
silicon are typical at the first oil change, from break-in. The TBN's strong. As far as we can see, running the
next oil about 5,000 miles would be okay."

Back