Only getting 17mpg

I would like for the people posting they are getting over 25mpg to show the pictures on the screen .
I would like to see the history of MPG and avg speed .
I just wonder if people are just having a short trip and seeing 26mpg and reporting that as fact. average?
The one guy says he saw 29.1 on hwy running 70-75 , no way is that correct. I can't get that running 65 unless i am going down hill coasting.

I would like for the people posting they are getting over 25mpg to show the pictures on the screen .
I just wonder if people are just having a short trip and seeing 26mpg and reporting that as fact. average?
The one guy says he saw 29.1 on hwy running 70-75 , no way is that correct. I can't get that running 65 unless i am going down hill coasting.
Dude, I'm telling you I got it for a one trip, it's not an average. For the most part, I'm not seeing anywhere near that in the city, or on a typical drive. It wasn't going downhill, but I managed to get it one trip with stock Michelin tires, no roof rack and on Eco mode.

Dallas to Austin and back to Dallas road trip on a flat I-35 highway cruising between 70-75 MPH and my average was around 19MPG. Big Disappointment. That's a 26% lower MPG than advertised by Toyota. If this is not going to change in near future, than I wish I had purchased the GX550 which around 16MPG combined.

Have you tried using this one secret trick to unlock your gas mileage?

I got 76.6 MPG with this weird trick.

Mine are posted in this thread 🔬

I saw that , but on the info screen it will give you dates and mileage . yours says avg mpg , but it doesn't tell us when you reset the meter ? is that from first tank to current , or last tank , or last trip , or today/
that doesn’t tell us when it was reset , if people could post this picture would be more helpful

Attachments

• IMG_5536.jpeg
    IMG_5536.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 55
I saw that , but on the info screen it will give you dates and mileage . yours says avg mpg , but it doesn't tell us when you reset the meter ? is that from first tank to current , or last tank , or last trip , or today/

Dallas to Austin and back to Dallas road trip on a flat I-35 highway cruising between 70-75 MPH and my average was around 19MPG. Big Disappointment. That's a 26% lower MPG than advertised by Toyota. If this is not going to change in near future, than I wish I had purchased the GX550 which around 16MPG combined.
Only if you believe that the Lexus mpg rating is more accurate than LC . I would say it be percentage wise the same lower in your daily driving of 25% which would mean 12 mpg!!!

I never reset the meter. Just picked up from dealer 7/22 and started driving. Here’s the pic you’re looking for:

IMG_2999.jpeg

so this tells me your on your 2nd tank of gas correct? you said you have never reset your gauge either on steering wheel or info system?
As my prior posts show, i just started my 3rd tank yesterday. And have never reset anything. I don’t really give a shit about mpg enough, i’m just posting here as an additional data point for those who claim that these trucks are incapable of achieving stated efficiency. Best of luck in your research!

As my prior posts show, i just started my 3rd tank yesterday. And have never reset anything. I don’t really give a shit about mpg enough, i’m just posting here as an additional data point for those who claim that these trucks are incapable of achieving stated efficiency. Best of luck in your research!
could you take another pic of the history screen again the last was 2 weeks ago. should show more info

Three tanks in and still right around 15-16 mpg. I was in eco mode and trying hard to go easy. Switched to regular mode and didn't seem to change.
But most of my trips are very short. Mostly 2-3 miles each way so I expect to be lower.

Getting 22.3 for the first 1000 miles but have rarely gone over 70mph until recently. I am seeing the mpg dip slightly when I go 75 and really dip when to around 17 mpg when I get close to 80.

My 2005 4Runner with the 4.0 V6 gets about 20.4 mpg… mostly highway

No if you just open it should have current date and last ones , if not push update buttons
Here you go. Pressed ‘update’ and this is the new screen. Toggled from ‘history’ to ‘current’ and snapped a pic there. And for good measure, and as an analog to my general driving pattern, a current shot of my 2016 taco efficiency at 20mpg pushing up on 150k. I got no more for you, Chief. Whatever ‘aha’ you’re hoping for isn’t surfacing here. My truck gets the mileage i’ve been posting.

IMG_3001.jpeg
IMG_3002.jpeg
IMG_3003.jpeg

Here you go. Pressed ‘update’ and this is the new screen. Toggled from ‘history’ to ‘current’ and snapped a pic there. And for good measure, and as an analog to my general driving pattern, a current shot of my 2016 taco efficiency at 20mpg pushing up on 150k. I got no more for you, Chief. Whatever ‘aha’ you’re hoping for isn’t surfacing here. My truck gets the mileage i’ve been posting.

View attachment 7143View attachment 7144View attachment 7145
I didn't doubt you for a moment! I am envious tho'

To a point up-thread, this is not an aerodynamic vehicle. Air drag has an exponential effect on efficiency as speeds increase, even more so if you're dealing with any kind of headwind or crosswind, so keeping it to the speed limit on the freeway will cut down on consumption.

I'm a little let down by the lack of hybrid boost I get around town, I was hoping that would kick in a lot more taking off from lights and stop signs than it actually does. It's a surprisingly stingy system.
Classic argument against a Hybrid - that battery and motor is just a dead weight when gas engine is doing all the heavy lifting :-(

Back