Oil Filter Size

TJK

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 17, 2024
Media
Edwardsville
Vehicles
2024 LC Premium 2012 4Runner Limited
I am not pleased with the size of the LC oil filter, is there another Toyota filter that might fit & has more capacity?
I know other OE filters from Ford, GM, Mopar & Nissan have some.
So people in the know please chime in.

Curious. Why are you concerned with the size? Toyota filters are pretty tried and true.

There is a bypass valve in the filters. @TJK, If you change, make sure the bypass valve pressure rating is the same.

Curious. Why are you concerned with the size? Toyota filters are pretty tried and true.
Have you seen the size of it? It's very small.
My 4Runner filter is much larger.
If you could get more filter capacity, why not take advantage of it.

Agree on the super small size of the filter. You would think that there would be a taller variant for this engine....as there is room. With the 4 cylinder engine working harder than the V8 or V6, I think it would be advantageous to have more filter capacity ...so that the by pass would never be triggered.

I agree on the quality of Toyota's oil filters...but the size and location seem to be an afterthought...which I know is probably not the case. Most newer vehicles have the oil filter located on top of the engine...easy to install and service.

I don't think it is any larger but does anyone know how the Wix WL10332 compares to Toyota's filter? Any other options that might be good?

Last edited:
The 90915-10010 is .6" longer and looks like it should fit. I think it's what is used on the GX550

Attachments

• 20240820_201229.jpg
    20240820_201229.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
My 2cents.......... with regular oil changes the oil system would rarely go into bypass unless there was an engine failure of some sort. The fact that this proven engine was designed for 0W20 oil and be changed at 10,000 miles by Toyota and Toyota knows longevity ............. my 5K oil changes should extend the engine life to well after I'm too old to care about it.

I have looked everywhere in the owners manual but cannot find the part number of oil filter or any mention of the oil filter used in the LC. I want to stay OEM. Surprised this is not mentioned in the manual.

90915-YZZN1 is what the dealer gave me and it is an exact match to the one that came from the factory.

Back