Oil and Filter Change, easy peasy.

I plan to follow oil change intervals every 5,000 miles instead of the recommended 10,000 miles. Is it possible to change the reminder setting to anything other than 10,000 miles when resetting? I hate window sticker reminders as they’re outdated.
I don't think so. When I reset mine is just went to 9999. Didn't notice any other options.

Seems like we might just have to keep it in mind as I plan on changing every 5000 as well. I changed at 1000 so will change at 6000.

Just adding to this thread since everyone was so helpful. I haven't changed the oil on a car in over 20 years. So was a little nervous, but generally I think I'm ok with this kind of stuff.

LC trim with the metal small front skid plate and the plastic behind it.

Front metal section is held by 6 x 12mm bolts. 4 straight up and 2 at angles.

I definitely recommend deep sockets as standard-length ones will not be able to get the bolts further in.
View attachment 11626

Plastic second plate is held up by 2x12mm bolts. There was a surprising amount of rocks and dirt on the inside of this plate.

View attachment 11627

For the LC trim you have just 8x12mm bolts to remove

The oil filter is under the front plate. Horizontal. Facing forward.

View attachment 11628

No issue draining. Spilled a few drops.

View attachment 11633

Fumoto F133N installed
View attachment 11634

Was ready with the big wrench, but the oil filter was not on too tightly. The oil filter wrench recommended in this thread is perfect. Came off easily

View attachment 11635

Easy

View attachment 11636

Funnel makes life easier. EWK for Toyota

View attachment 11637

Too many of these guys this year.

View attachment 11638

Used both ramps to put the plates back on.

View attachment 11639

Thanks everyone who posted with help!

Getting the full skid plates next week. Hopefully not too difficult to get those on.
Great pictures and thank you for sharing—wish I took the time to do the same with my first oil change. What ramps are those? Might have to invest in a pair for the LC. Thx.

Great pictures and thank you for sharing—wish I took the time to do the same with my first oil change. What ramps are those? Might have to invest in a pair for the LC. Thx.
Rhino Ramp Max

Probably overkill, but they seem solid. For some reason Amazon wouldn't deliver to me in NY, but no issue from Autozone.

Back