OEM Roof Rack Cross Bar Install/Removal

Sorry but a very stupid question. I am installing the oem cross bars and the instructions don't match my cross bars exactly. Where it says LF should be the left side and I am guessing that means driver side but the front then has an indention vs the back which is smooth. (concerned about wind noice). First picture has the indention and second picture is the smooth side. The sticker above I understand means front bar not front of the bar. Third picture shows LF which I am assuming means driver side. Can some one check if the front of theirs is the smooth side or the side with the indentions. Not sure if I am being clear so will post pictures.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• tempImage9b8X2s.png
    tempImage9b8X2s.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • tempImageej0Cqf.png
    tempImageej0Cqf.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • tempImaged1GLxz.png
    tempImaged1GLxz.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Sorry but a very stupid question. I am installing the oem cross bars and the instructions don't match my cross bars exactly. Where it says LF should be the left side and I am guessing that means driver side but the front then has an indention vs the back which is smooth. (concerned about wind noice). First picture has the indention and second picture is the smooth side. The sticker above I understand means front bar not front of the bar. Third picture shows LF which I am assuming means driver side. Can some one check if the front of theirs is the smooth side or the side with the indentions. Not sure if I am being clear so will post pictures.
Thanks for the help.
OK, you are correct in that the "FRONT" is the front cross bar. Plus, the front cross bar is wider than the back bar.
The front underneath portion of each bar has a rubber (windshield wiper type) strip that is facing the front of the car after the placement is complete. I'm sure this there to help deflect wind. I hope this info is helpful.

OK, you are correct in that the "FRONT" is the front cross bar. Plus, the front cross bar is wider than the back bar.
The front underneath portion of each bar has a rubber (windshield wiper type) strip that is facing the front of the car after the placement is complete. I'm sure this there to help deflect wind. I hope this info is helpful.
Thank you very much for your help.

Back