Not used to the attention this thing is getting

I stopped at a Whole Foods parking lot and went shopping. I came back to the LC with lunch and since it was cool out I decided to sit in my car and eat without turning it on. Now, my windows are tinted at 30% all around and I had the sun shade on the windshield so you cannot see inside unless you come real close. Well, at least 3-4 people as they were going to their car stopped and walked all around the LC taking a good look. One guy decided he wanted to see what the inside looked like so he put his face up to the driver side window and was startled to find I was in there looking back at him 😂

Same here. Lots of double takes, smiles and confused looks on the road. Some folks even look down or away to conceal their lustful eyes. I drive through an affluent neighborhood on my way home from work and every other car i pass is a land rover and those folks always look hard.
They look hard because they just spent $7500 on a break job on the Rover after 15,000 miles

The beauty part of the Land Cruiser has always been its one-of-a-kind vehicle that is both prestigious to own as a Land Cruiser and also an every day "common" name as Toyota. This is why it is generally purchased by subtlety financially comfortable people. It's not generally purchased by flashy fly-by-nights with loans up to their eyebrows.

The flash buyers love the name brands and the big logos. Big hat and no cattle. The Range Rover, Escalade, Mercedes G, Bentley, etc.

In this day and age and strange economy, people know the flash is generally all show and no go.

People are not interested in seeing other people brag and blow. They are interested in their own lives and trying to get by. You will do much better in life by being low key, polished, and subtle.

The Land Cruiser ticks all the boxes for being subtle and known for what it represents.
'Money talks, wealth whispers'

Back