Not used to the attention this thing is getting

Duly noted, i would not gel well with people from Denver
We're not all bad/unfriendly.. Denver is just a big city now with big city problems. You get jaded by being approached by folks in parking lots asking for money for (insert reason here). Makes you less likely to want to chat/interact with random folks regardless of intentions.

Thank you for your service.

Looking back on it, it was a privilege to be able to serve. Even if it was a fool’s errand trying to nation build in the Middle East and convince Iraqis that representative democracy as applied in a constitutional republic is pretty rad.

Looking back on it, it was a privilege to be able to serve. Even if it was a fool’s errand trying to nation build in the Middle East and convince a bunch of savages that representative democracy as applied in a constitutional republic is pretty rad.
Thank you for your racism.

Lingering dislike for Iraqis got the better of me. Post edited. Apologies.
I have no personal love for Iraqis (no hatred either obviously), but I would wager they didn't like what America did to them. Maybe the first time gets a pass, but not the second.

I have no personal love for Iraqis (no hatred either obviously), but I would wager they didn't like what America did to them. Maybe the first time gets a pass, but not the second.

Have you ever been to Iraq?

I can understand their actions towards us, were the shoe on the other foot I’d probably do the same thing (more or less). However if you plan to f around, prepare to find out. Big boy rules. I’ll happily hand out dirt naps if it means me and my buddies make it out of shit ass Iraq and go home.

I’ll even more happily hand out bottled water and candy to kids in some dusty hot ass village in Al Anbar province. That works out better for everyone.

What I can’t excuse is what they did to each other. There were, and are some truly evil shitheads over there victimizing otherwise innocent people. From banditry, to terrorism, to settling old tribal scores a bunch of those turds deserve every bit of scorn you can come up with. Well that and a bullet or two.

Nah, no popcorn needed. I made an overly sweeping statement painting average Iraqis who aren’t bad people with the same brush as turds that needed flushing.

I’m not mad at Syed117 and I don’t think he’s mad at me. He called out something and I corrected the record. I think we’re all good.

Last edited:
Thank you for your racism.
Or maybe yours? This was obviously not a comment about race... Ideology and political belief maybe sorta but to go to race right off the bat speaks more to your hang ups than anything else. The world is complicated, nation interests and alliances are complicated, your simplistic attack and deconstruction recognizes neither the reality nor the complexities of the issues and is racist in itself... Let those free of sin cast the first stone...

Last edited:
Weird - in Denver it is VERY rare that anyone mentions it or gives mine a second look.View attachment 14385
Yeah in Northern California I haven't gotten more than 2-3 comments or acknowledgments as well. Mine's Heritage Blue which I love but maybe the color's not as cool as I thought though (hahaha). That color on yours is tight Lenny33. I haven't seen one in that color.

Nah, no popcorn needed. I made an overly sweeping statement painting average Iraqis who aren’t bad people with the same brush as turds that needed flushing.

I’m not mad at Syed117 and I don’t think he’s mad at me. He called out something and I corrected the record. I think we’re all good.
Hey man, you served there so in my book you get a pass because I'm sure you saw things that most of us could never fathom. Veterans of wars/conflicts have to deal with that for the rest of their lives. If only we humans could love more and hate less then life would be so much better. Appreciate you man. Good on you for realizing maybe the way you said what you said may have come out wrong. Now let's get back to talking about these stupid sick Land Cruisers hahaha.

Walked back to my vehicle while parked in Walla Walla, WA yesterday to find a woman taking a picture of the vehicle. The interest in the vehicle continues here in the Pacific Northwest!

The beauty part of the Land Cruiser has always been its one-of-a-kind vehicle that is both prestigious to own as a Land Cruiser and also an every day "common" name as Toyota. This is why it is generally purchased by subtlety financially comfortable people. It's not generally purchased by flashy fly-by-nights with loans up to their eyebrows.

The flash buyers love the name brands and the big logos. Big hat and no cattle. The Range Rover, Escalade, Mercedes G, Bentley, etc.

In this day and age and strange economy, people know the flash is generally all show and no go.

People are not interested in seeing other people brag and blow. They are interested in their own lives and trying to get by. You will do much better in life by being low key, polished, and subtle.

The Land Cruiser ticks all the boxes for being subtle and known for what it represents.

I got a Tesla driver asking me with curious eyes just minutes after I drove out the dealer’s parking lot “Is that the new Land Cruiser? Can I checked it out?”

I think once the FJ and 4-Runner hit the market next year we can get us off from the curiosity. Personally I’d much rather to have people referred my car as “just another Toyota”

The beauty part of the Land Cruiser has always been its one-of-a-kind vehicle that is both prestigious to own as a Land Cruiser and also an every day "common" name as Toyota. This is why it is generally purchased by subtlety financially comfortable people. It's not generally purchased by flashy fly-by-nights with loans up to their eyebrows.

The flash buyers love the name brands and the big logos. Big hat and no cattle. The Range Rover, Escalade, Mercedes G, Bentley, etc.

In this day and age and strange economy, people know the flash is generally all show and no go.

People are not interested in seeing other people brag and blow. They are interested in their own lives and trying to get by. You will do much better in life by being low key, polished, and subtle.

The Land Cruiser ticks all the boxes for being subtle and known for what it represents.

This concept of low key “stealth wealth” is one thing I find most attractive outside of the actual merits of the Land Cruiser. One reason Meteor Shower would have been my first choice for color. As low key as possible. Not that we are super wealthy but we are “comfortable” and on track to become more “comfortable” by time retirement rolls around in 15 years or so.

Trail Dust and Grayscape seem to attract some attention though. Oh well, we didn’t have the luxury of waiting: had to take what was available, or get a completely different vehicle.

Last edited:
Back