Non-Turbo Land Cruiser

Both my partner (6'2") and I (5'9") sat in the back of a 24 Taco OR. It has room, it's not a roomy as my outback nor the LC, but there's room. I moved away from it because I don't want my 80 yr old Mom trying to climb into it and sit back there on a road trip.

The 4R is supposed to be closer to the LC for interior room, and from the videos I've seen. Looks roomier than the Taco. Funny thing about those videos lately, it all depends on what the actor or cameraman is trying to portray.
I guess coming from the 3rd gen taco, i’m used to significantly more room back there. I’m only 6’ and when i put myself in the back of the 4th gen loaner, my knees were buried in the back of the driver’s seat, which was set at my driving position for 6’. And i get that the official measurements show the 4th gen to have gained more rear room, but for whatever reason, it definitely doesn’t feel like it.

Shrug

Last edited:

If you really hate that hybrid power chain that much, you can wait for 6th gen 4-Runner, and likely without the battery you will have the car cheaper and more space as well (hopefully it comes with Turbo V6). Also when I saw the TRD Pro build I am not sure what is the point to buy a LC anymore.

I love the hybrid powertrain. Lots of power, reasonable mileage. it’s definitely a world of different from the hybrid powertrain in my Lexus but I’m happy anyway.

Back