Nitto Terra Grappler G3

Just swapped my OEM Michelin's for the Nitto Grappler G3's in 275/70/18 and SL load - mounted to OEM 17x7.5 wheels - all five changed including spare, and all fits as per guides on this forum. Like others, I went this direction for a (presumed) less-rigid ride + lower weight vs. E-rated options, having minimal need for the latter. Will report back on mileage, noise and road feel once I can get beyond city streets sub 40mph, but preliminarily it is certainly firmer than the soft Michelin Trail OEM's that came with the rig (Like them or not overall, these Michelin's were damn smooth over concrete and asphalt). Pics attached in line with others posted, save for the boring driveway vs. mountain trail scenery! My time will come!

Attachments

• Nitto G3 1.jpg
    Nitto G3 1.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Nitto G3 2.jpg
    Nitto G3 2.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Nitto G3 3.jpg
    Nitto G3 3.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Nitto G3 4.jpg
    Nitto G3 4.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 67
Just swapped my OEM Michelin's for the Nitto Grappler G3's in 275/70/18 and SL load - mounted to OEM 17x7.5 wheels - all five changed including spare, and all fits as per guides on this forum. Like others, I went this direction for a (presumed) less-rigid ride + lower weight vs. E-rated options, having minimal need for the latter. Will report back on mileage, noise and road feel once I can get beyond city streets sub 40mph, but preliminarily it is certainly firmer than the soft Michelin Trail OEM's that came with the rig (Like them or not overall, these Michelin's were damn smooth over concrete and asphalt). Pics attached in line with others posted, save for the boring driveway vs. mountain trail scenery! My time will come!
Looks good..I've been considering G3s as well amongst looking at 1000 wheels that won't fit. Lol

Question - did you custom order your cruiser with the body side moulding?

Those look fantastic! Seriously considering the same for mine. Looking forward to hearing how you like the ride/noise/MPGs.

Could we get a closeup of the ply ratings on the sidewall?

Looks good..I've been considering G3s as well amongst looking at 1000 wheels that won't fit. Lol

Question - did you custom order your cruiser with the body side moulding?
Body side molding installed by dealer or at port, so had to take it this way. I think I prefer the look without but will appreciate this if dents are avoided.

That’s exactly the look I'm going for on mine. This setup looks like very little side poke, am I correct? That looks really clean!

Body side molding installed by dealer or at port, so had to take it this way. I think I prefer the look without but will appreciate this if dents are avoided.
Agreed. The ding area of the door is a protruding horizontal metal edge, which will be very difficult to remove the ding once done. I've got a set on order.

That’s exactly the look I'm going for on mine. This setup looks like very little side poke, am I correct? That looks really clean!
re: Side Poke on 275 G3's: Very little or IMO no meaningful side poke. Going from 265/70/18 to 275/70/18 only adds 4/10 of an inch to the tire width. I'm not certain, but I would assume that this "excess width" is evenly split on the OEM wheel such that half of the excess is on the inside of the wheel and half the excess protrudes (pokes) out, so probably 2/10 of an inch outward poke addition on the OEM wheels, or if I'm wrong somewhere between here and a max 4/10 of an inch.

Bought 4 then a cheaper General Grabber Apt AT (same size) for spare. Moved chain pulley to other side of mechanism to create more space between exhaust and tire. It seemed imo too close and potential fire hazard. Takes two to re-feed the chain. Reverse turn to lower or raise spare...
Good information. Do you think a 285/70/18 would fit? or is 275/70/18 the biggest that will fit in the spare location?

I am assuming the 275/70/18 hangs a little lower than stock, 285/75/18 hangs way too low.

I
Good information. Do you think a 285/70/18 would fit? or is 275/70/18 the biggest that will fit in the spare location?

I am assuming the 275/70/18 hangs a little lower than stock, 285/75/18 hangs way too low.
max I would go for the under spare location is 275/70/18. it hangs just slightly lower than the rear diff. The only options for 285/70/18 without risking damage to your rear while off roading would be rear bumper mount or maybe having a welder modify 3 metal spare holders underneath so tire sits lower

Back