New from UK

No won’t be a commercial vehicle or it wouldn’t be £600-ish road tax.
Re the Service Plan I was signed up for that and it was a simple monthly direct debit of circa £28 from memory and when I sold it, they refunded the credit.
Dave - your £1,958 5 year price would be £32.63 per month which sounds fine if they do it monthly and do not charge interest - if it’s not that way, I’ll just pay as and when it needs servicing.
They come with a 10 year / 100k mile warranty as long as you service it with them and to their schedule - guess the 10k increase is just the service interval though I thought that was always 12k miles sand it shouldn’t have gone down when you consider that many cars have 2 year intervals now.

Re the Service Plan I was signed up for that and it was a simple monthly direct debit of circa £28 from memory and when I sold it, they refunded the credit.
Dave - your £1,958 5 year price would be £32.63 per month which sounds fine if they do it monthly and do not charge interest - if it’s not that way, I’ll just pay as and when it needs servicing.
They come with a 10 year / 100k mile warranty as long as you service it with them and to their schedule - guess the 10k increase is just the service interval though I thought that was always 12k miles sand it shouldn’t have gone down when you consider that many cars have 2 year intervals now.
Hello I think it’s quite good I’ve took it out at £32 per month includes 3 MOTs all I need now is the car ! 🙄

I think the servicing is really reasonable and way cheaper than Land Rover costs. Also it’s a Land Cruiser so that will be only time it visits the garage…….. well probably!

I’ve been told by Toyota UK today my ETA is mid October!! The dealership said October 1st so I paid in full taxed it it’s registered in my name took out and paid for the service plan now no one knows where the car is

I’ve been told by Toyota UK today my ETA is mid October!! The dealership said October 1st so I paid in full taxed it it’s registered in my name took out and paid for the service plan now no one knows where the car is
What are Toyota playing at!
My dealer has just confirmed arrival of mine on 9th Oct and given me some registration numbers to select from, so I am hoping I don’t have the same issue.
Surely Toyota UK know if it’s left Derby for the dealer. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe a pdi issue that they need a part to replace. But, wouldn’t they tell you that?

I’m supposed to be 18/10 at dealer but I guess we will find out when we find out - mid Oct morphing into 18/10 has been quite consistent for me

What are Toyota playing at!
My dealer has just confirmed arrival of mine on 9th Oct and given me some registration numbers to select from, so I am hoping I don’t have the same issue.
Surely Toyota UK know if it’s left Derby for the dealer. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe a pdi issue that they need a part to replace. But, wouldn’t they tell you that?
Who knows I give up I’ve said all along I don’t believe no one knows anything I’ve told UK I want to know where my car is

I’ve totally giving up being bothered about it and I agree, nobody in the UK has a clue what’s going on. Shameful really and more so when we are paying such a price premium over other markets such as our friends from across the pond.
When I put the first deposit down in Aug last year, I was told that they were expecting a demo in at the end of 2023!!!😂 Since then I have had estimated delivery dates all through 2024 and into 2025 but back at early December 2024 now…. I fully anticipate further schedule changes.

Dave - the fact that you are fully paid up surely means it will arrive very soon so keep believing and we look forward to hearing how great it is when you do finally get it.

I’ve totally giving up being bothered about it and I agree, nobody in the UK has a clue what’s going on. Shameful really and more so when we are paying such a price premium over other markets such as our friends from across the pond.
When I put the first deposit down in Aug last year, I was told that they were expecting a demo in at the end of 2023!!!😂 Since then I have had estimated delivery dates all through 2024 and into 2025 but back at early December 2024 now…. I fully anticipate further schedule changes.

Dave - the fact that you are fully paid up surely means it will arrive very soon so keep believing and we look forward to hearing how great it is when you do finally get it.
I paid in full to also give the salesman a good September and get him his bonus along with the service plan and it’s back fired on me 🙄

I paid in full to also give the salesman a good September and get him his bonus along with the service plan and it’s back fired on me 🙄
By the way the apps can be up to 5 days late updating says it all!!

They are waiting for a Compliance sticker!!!!

For the Invincible buyer who really wanted the round headlights on their LC.
Price for the kit in the states is $3839 RRP from Toyota, although discounted from this particular dealer, plus fitting and a software update.

For the Invincible buyer who really wanted the round headlights on their LC.
Price for the kit in the states is $3839 RRP from Toyota, although discounted from this particular dealer, plus fitting and a software update.

I can see it being £4000 in the uk

We in the UK have the price uplift and it’s a pain not driving before buying and not knowing when it’s arriving and insurance and and and ….

But could be worse - the grenadier folk have production on hold due to the recaro seat issue with the supplier in financial trouble and the vehicle type approved with those seats

Not great - good article in the Telegraph - also discusses some other current issues they and other motor manufacturers have

Does everyone that has a VIN number have a K as 11th character meaning as I understand it that the LC was built in the Hino Motors plant in Hamura - not had a Toyota but other folk seem to get excited about the Tahara factory that seems to have the top reputation for quality

As long as it is well made and the Quality Control is to Toyota standards it will be ok I’m sure
Just got my vin and it is also K, so also assembled at the Hino plant

Latest Discussions

Back