New from UK

Hi All,

Brand new here - never used a forum before but wanted to jump in and say hi

Not read the full thread, but I’m due to take delivery of my First Edition (Sand) October 4th here in the South East

I did see some insurance questions crop up

Admiral/Churchill who I am with were clueless (as car not on all these insurance systems) and underwriters very unsure…

I called up Toyota Insurance UK and asked if the head of the team could reach out to their underwriters with the EXACT spec - I now have my quote locked in and it’s ready to activate on the 4th October so I can drive off

Give them a buzz if you need quotes and cover!

All the best,

Al
Good first post Al.
I called them (Toyota insurance) last week and was told that it went to their team on 18th for assessment, so shouldn’t be much longer before quotes were available. They also said that if it wasn’t on the insurance database prior to my delivery (eta 9th Oct) that they could go to the underwriters for a bespoke quote. Perhaps that’s what they did for you. I would be interested whether this gave you a competitive quote, as I might need to do the same.

Just rechecked and the 250 is still not showing online so suspect we will remain in the position of needing to get one off quotes as you have done

Will let you guys who are getting cars in the next week or so address coverage first - hopefully it will cause them to resolve the issues

Does the FE come with a tracker ?

It’s obviously a question asked by insurers and with other vehicles I have known the spec in detail - with the LC FE I have no idea what it has - any ideas guys

It’s on the options list withJLR - presumably Toyota Insurance didn’t raise it as an issue

Back