New from UK

Brilliant intelligence Dave - much appreciated - I drive past that docks on the M5 when headed to Exmoor shooting

This could all change and is only based on what my dealer has told me, but………….

Back in June, when I ordered the FE, the dealer told me that Toyota would allocate the LC based on dealer tier level. I cannot now remember whether there are 3 or 4 tiers, which are presumably based on dealer size, but they said that the two lower tiers would each be allocated one FE and one Invincible. The top tier dealership would get two of each. My dealer being the at the lower tier, has allocated their only FE to myself but would need to keep their Invincible as a demonstrator up until the end of 2025, before being allowed to sell it. They didn’t think that they would receive any more next year, so they will initially be thin on the ground.

Toyota quotes some 180 or so UK dealerships, which would suggest 250 to maybe 300 FE and, initially, the same number of Invincibles. I don’t know what that might mean for anyone waiting it out for next years mild hybrid diesel version.

Anyone else been told anything similar?

Back on the tyres - what are you guys planning

I have the 18’s of course coming on the UK spec FE and not seen any firm confirmation what tyres they are fitting and whether there are options with dealers to change them

Any ideas UK buyers
They come with Mitchelin all terrains apparently , the guys in the US are less than impressed and are changing them theres probably nothing wrong with them just more road biast than off road and not very aggressive looking i,ve allways used Davnti Terratoura , the BF goodrich are so expensive now about £360 each

Ok - I have been using General Grabber AT3’s on my L322 which are made by Continental

Maybe not that different to the Michelin AT - will take a look

Mmmmm

Are they these

Michelin LTX Trail
265/70 R18 116S

If so the UK tyre supplier has them marked as “summer” tyres - maybe that is the “s” designation and thy are not the ones fitted on the Uk LC FE

Sorry for me having a conversation with myself on this - I have now found the other US posters images of the 18 inch wheels and tyres he’s selling and when I blow up the image it is the same marking showing

Are these really AT “summer” tyres ? Does that just mean in Michelin world they are not sold as “ice and snow” winter tyres but they are AT ?

My tyres have them at £265 a corner

I am probably filling a void with too much tyre concern - I have seen the YouTube clips and the thing clearly manages to get through terrain far more challenging than I am likely to take on in the Uk and it is shown to do it on stock tyres so it is really astetics at best

I’ll try it as it comes and see how I get on

I am probably filling a void with too much tyre concern - I have seen the YouTube clips and the thing clearly manages to get through terrain far more challenging than I am likely to take on in the Uk and it is shown to do it on stock tyres so it is really astetics at best

I’ll try it as it comes and see how I get on
Hello have you spoken to your dealer today

Yes - system has no update and he says he won’t know anything until he knows something and that comes via Toyota UK

A very unsatisfactory situation and seems like at least in the UK the App and it’s step by step order tracking is not operative and we will hear our vehicle is ready and won’t get the news it’s in build or in transit etc

Yes - system has no update and he says he won’t know anything until he knows something and that comes via Toyota UK

A very unsatisfactory situation and seems like at least in the UK the App and it’s step by step order tracking is not operative and we will hear our vehicle is ready and won’t get the news it’s in build or in transit etc
Great I’ll stop looking at my App every 5 minutes!!

The whole process so far has been very bad. It’s almost like Toyota do not want anyone to buy / are not bothered about sales of the LC, in the UK.

The whole process so far has been very bad. It’s almost like Toyota do not want anyone to buy / are not bothered about sales of the LC, in the UK.
There are L C s all over the world except the UK

Great I’ll stop looking at my App every 5 minutes!!
I was told late today by Listers of Stratford upon Avon that they are hopefull for there allocation of 2 for September but he added its all to do with Toyota selling enough Electric cars so they can bring in Diesels and they cannot register Diesels unless they have enough Electric vehicles sold So how are LC s coming in September its to late to ship them for September unless of course they are already on the way or already at the Docks ??????

Good morning
looks like the tyres on the FE are Michelin LTX 265/70/18

Same lack of info here….. I asked Toyota UK as surely they know more about imports than the dealer but they came back with a ‘Don’t worry, we are on the case and asking your dealer for an update.’
Hopeless.
Tyres - I’m also giving this too much thought given we don’t even know if the car will ever be delivered! My previous LC’s came with the Dunlop Ditchfinders and at purchase was always told you can’t upgrade them as it could invalidate the warranty. Land Rover offer upgrades to A/T tyres.
I’ve ordered an Invincible which comes with 20” rims so can expect a reassuringly expensive bill if I go the BF Goodrich route. Mind you, will they even fit within the wheel arch??
The agonising wait continues……….

Back