New from UK

I would be concerned about residual values and what happens at some point in the future when Jim R gets bored of his plaything………

Mmmmm Strad residual values are already crap!!
I have a story there’s a guy in South Downs I think he’s South African brought a Grenadier trialmaster fully loaded to go overland in South Africa he’s only done 150 in it to recharge batteries etc he can’t get £57k for it now
Instead he has prepared a 2010 Hilux instead!! To go overland with

I have a story there’s a guy in South Downs I think he’s South African brought a Grenadier trialmaster fully loaded to go overland in South Africa he’s only done 150 in it to recharge batteries etc he can’t get £57k for it now
Instead he has prepared a 2010 Hilux instead!! To go overland with
Ouch…… At least the HiLux won’t let him down.

To be fair one guy did a quite monumental trip across Southern Africa in one - a few issues but he did pretty well - had a host of terrible experiences but nit vehicle related

It seems to be a vehicle that is very much weighted to off road and pretty hard going on tarmac and with an as yet less than bullet proof reliability pedigree though it has very solid components

The guy doing the trip was “Logsplitter” - his photos and stories from his epic drive across Southern Africa is quite something

The one thing that is undeniable is that there are a core group of very evangelical owners who love the Grenadier

Each to their own

Really hope I get my LC in Sept or October 24

To be fair one guy did a quite monumental trip across Southern Africa in one - a few issues but he did pretty well - had a host of terrible experiences but nit vehicle related

It seems to be a vehicle that is very much weighted to off road and pretty hard going on tarmac and with an as yet less than bullet proof reliability pedigree though it has very solid components
Good morning Flyingtrotter
Have you any news regards going into build or delivery ??

Dave

Nope - still first bullet - order processing

I have asked for email confirmation that my order is back on but radio silence since the verbal news on Tuesday last week.
Nothing against the salesman at dealer but I don’t think they have a clue what’s going on so they don’t know what to say……….

I think that is fair Strad - this forum is helpful - once one us gets news their vehicle is in build we can start to chase our dealers but as things stand it’s possible the whole UK order book is pending and it seems the dealers have no more info than shows on the App

Checked in with the dealer and he sent me the details from the main system - no progress yet to build but the order does look firm and the vehicle is deceived as First Edition 2.8L 5 door A Pam

Not sure about A - have asked - but Pam seems to be panoramic roof

Checked in with the dealer and he sent me the details from the main system - no progress yet to build but the order does look firm and the vehicle is deceived as First Edition 2.8L 5 door A Pam

Not sure about A - have asked - but Pam seems to be panoramic roof
Hello Flyingtrotter
I meant to post yesterday but forgot, my dealer always knows nothing but I phoned Toyota UK yesterday they looked for me and got the same answer not in build yet but the order is good or as good as it can be
They did say build should be the 7th month (July) and deliveries to customer 10th month (September)BUT it changes all the time they said so fingers crossed should have something to look forward to soon hopefully.
Dave
PS the dealers have access to this information if they look so Toyota UK tell me.

I have seen that info - dealer sent a screen shot

Just had an email referring me to the FAQ section on the dealer website about what happens on the day of collection. One of the questions is "when can I collect my car?" In the answer section it says we're expecting your car in on 9th September!!! But it does say this could be subject to change....

That’s exciting news - does the App show your vehicle as built and in transit - I would assume to meet 9 Sept delivery it must be build and on a ship ?

Be great if they have build a decent number of the UK models and they are being shipped together - would be surprised if just one is on the way but I have not had any other new build Toyotas so am just guessing

Just had an email referring me to the FAQ section on the dealer website about what happens on the day of collection. One of the questions is "when can I collect my car?" In the answer section it says we're expecting your car in on 9th September!!! But it does say this could be subject to change....
Hello Dr D I called Toyota UK as my Dealer had no news but my Dealer did say he thinks it will be September do the Dealers know more than there letting on ??
regards Dave

Just looked -the App says its at the dealers now! Then it says the dealer will contact me after its undergone its final inspections so I guess that why I received the email saying that it will be ready for collection on 9th September. I can't believe that only mine was on the ship so we'll probably see more members posting messages this week I would guess.

Hello Dr D I called Toyota UK as my Dealer had no news but my Dealer did say he thinks it will be September do the Dealers know more than there letting on ??
regards Dave
The App is slightly misleading in that if you just look at the first screen is says 'processing order' so I thought that it was still at Stage 1 of the process but if you click on 'Manage' then 'Vehicle Order Tracker' then on the '+' button it shows the full pathway of the process. Very confusing!

Just looked -the App says its at the dealers now! Then it says the dealer will contact me after its undergone its final inspections so I guess that why I received the email saying that it will be ready for collection on 9th September. I can't believe that only mine was on the ship so we'll probably see more members posting messages this week I would guess.
Thats great news mate my app is still in proccess ?? i,m told Toyota send over cars in batchs so who knows let us know tommorrow when you call your Dealer please
regards Dave

Back