New from UK

Thats great news mate my app is still in proccess ?? i,m told Toyota send over cars in batchs so who knows let us know tommorrow when you call your Dealer please
regards Dave
I was going to talk to the dealer so see if they could change the tyres. I don't know why they're suppling the car with road tyres when it is designed to be a capable off-road vehicle. I will be using it off-road - not all the time, but enough to need some AT tyres so I would like to have BF Goodrich tyres fitted, the same as on my Shogun. The bad news is that my car is being supplied with 20 inch wheels. BF Goodrich for 18 inch wheels are £270 a tyre; for 20 inch wheels they're £350......

What tyres are they fitting DrD ? My FE has the 18 inch wheels - I like you would like to have it set up for some shoots

What tyres are they fitting DrD ? My FE has the 18 inch wheels - I like you would like to have it set up for some shoots
I believe they're Dunlop Grand Trek. They were what I had when I first got my Shogun and I wasn't impressed to say the least. I had a few 'moments' coming off roundabouts in the wet! Admittedly I was in 2-wheel drive at the time but I was surprised at how easily the back end broke away (and I'm a fairly light-footed driver).
Dave

That’s a bit of a pain - I see the US cars have Michelin LTX in 265/70 R 18 or at least one car has then as the owner is selling his wheels and tyres

Just had an email referring me to the FAQ section on the dealer website about what happens on the day of collection. One of the questions is "when can I collect my car?" In the answer section it says we're expecting your car in on 9th September!!! But it does say this could be subject to change....
My App went into meltdown and lost the timeline when they told me they couldn’t fulfil the order. A week later it was back on but nothing on the App.
The FAQ’s in the WelcomeHub shows an estimated delivery date of 26th September but the dealer wasn’t aware of this. It’s all massively unimpressive when you consider that the initial deposit went down over a year ago, they took a substantial further deposit in June and now we are supposedly approaching a month to delivery and the dealer can’t give any details on the car spec let alone confirm a delivery date…….

Thats great news mate my app is still in proccess ?? i,m told Toyota send over cars in batchs so who knows let us know tommorrow when you call your Dealer please
regards Dave
I was going to talk to the dealer so see if they could change the tyres. I don't know why they're suppling the car with road tyres when it is designed to be a capable off-road vehicle. I will be using it off-road - not all the time, but enough to need some AT tyres so I would like to have BF Goodrich tyres fitted, the same as on my Shogun. The bad news is that my car is being supplied with 20 inch wheels. BF Goodrich for 18 inch wheels are £270 a tyre; for 20 inch wheels they're £350......
Good evening Dr D did you speak to the dealer regarding your delivery?
Dave

Good evening Dr D did you speak to the dealer regarding your delivery?
Dave
Hi Dave (are all potential Landcruiser owners called Dave? 😁). Not yet but I will post their reply when I've spoken to them.
Dave

Hi Dave (are all potential Landcruiser owners called Dave? 😁). Not yet but I will post their reply when I've spoken to them.
Dave
😊 fingers crossed mate my email said expecting you Land Cruiser 30/09/24 this was from my Dealer yet they know nothing about it? All very odd Toyota uk know nothing although Toyota Uk have been very helpful can’t fault them. But still no information
Dave

Looks like I am alone in hearing nothing - app still says processing - dealer says system says Oct - no emails from Toyota - feeling a bit left out !

Looks like I am alone in hearing nothing - app still says processing - dealer says system says Oct - no emails from Toyota - feeling a bit left out !
Same here…….app says processing, dealer’s system, who update me on a monthly basis, gives eta of 14th October

Sounds like the message I have KevD

Dave
Morning the UK 🇬🇧 if these vehicles are landing September/ October they must be on the boat now? Or very soon with a 6 to 8 week shipping

That was my thinking - Sept/Oct delivery in UK suggested build already and on a ship now or very soon

Maybe the dealers system and App are just slow to update - seems a bit daft as I would expect them to want to give more not less info

That was my thinking - Sept/Oct delivery in UK suggested build already and on a ship now or very soon

Maybe the dealers system and App are just slow to update - seems a bit daft as I would expect them to want to give more not less info
Good evening Flyingtrotter when I called Toyota UK /GB 08/08/24 they confirmed my order but regards the progress they said it APPEARS not to be in build yet NOT that it isnt in build ????? make of it what you will but I dont believe that no one knows anything its all very strange.

My dealer is checking and will report tomorrow - last time he sent me the screen shot of the main dealer screen

Have made clear to him what you guys are reporting about your projected deliveries in Sept/Oct which would suggest that the original statements were in fact accurate (viz : build of UK destined diesel engined FEs in July, transit from Japan to UK in Aug/Sept, delivery to customers Sept/Oct)

It could be that a small number of UK spec LC have or are being built and shipped to UK in very tiny numbers mixed in with other vehicles and the full UK FE allocation will be stretched out for months - no idea if that is or isn’t consistent with Toyota practice - seems odd to me if that is how Toyota operate as I thought most major motor manufacturers still “tooled” up a production line for a “ specific model” in a” particular spec “ and produced a “run of vehicles before adjusting the line and changing what model/spec they produce

Anyone have any actual visibility on how these Toyota factories operate (some YouTube video I watched suggested production of the LC was split across two Japan factories )

My dealer is checking and will report tomorrow - last time he sent me the screen shot of the main dealer screen

Have made clear to him what you guys are reporting about your projected deliveries in Sept/Oct which would suggest that the original statements were in fact accurate (viz : build of UK destined diesel engined FEs in July, transit from Japan to UK in Aug/Sept, delivery to customers Sept/Oct)

It could be that a small number of UK spec LC have or are being built and shipped to UK in very tiny numbers mixed in with other vehicles and the full UK FE allocation will be stretched out for months - no idea if that is or isn’t consistent with Toyota practice - seems odd to me if that is how Toyota operate as I thought most major motor manufacturers still “tooled” up a production line for a “ specific model” in a” particular spec “ and produced a “run of vehicles before adjusting the line and changing what model/spec they produce

Anyone have any actual visibility on how these Toyota factories operate (some YouTube video I watched suggested production of the LC was split across two Japan factories )
Hi flyingtrotter
I cannot see Toyota switching models on the same production line I would think it would cause untold amount of problems , I’m told they build in large batches that’s the only indicator of builds I have let us know asap please what your Dealer says tomorrow please
I’m not asking my Dealer he knows less than us!!
Regards
Dave
PS it would be some factory if they can just switch models on the same production line!

Last edited:
I understood there were 5k FE models being sold globally

The UK spec FE is only sold as a diesel, right hand drive and it’s got 7 seats and a number of other differences to the US/EU specs and to vehicles sold in other markets in ways that won’t be dealer fitted. That is differences in the build at factory

That tends to suggest (at least applying some logic which may well be flawed) that if there are say a max of 500 FEs destined for the UK market they would manufacture and ship at least half of them if not all and then ship them in at most 2 consignments or maybe all on one vessel

Is that ridiculous ? Do you guys calculate that the Uk has far more of the 5000 global allocation than 10% ? I can see it actually being a smaller number and had been thinking perhaps 250/300

What’s the daily/ weekly production numbers for a line at one of those massive Japanese factories ?

A report I saw from 4 Feb 2024 read “The reports suggested Toyota planned to cut daily production in Japan from the current 15,000 vehicles per day to 14,000 from April while maintaining its global production target of 10.3m units by increasing some overseas production.”

That’s across all vehicles in the Toyota range and may well include Lexus but it still suggests producing 300 to 500 FE’s in UK spec is not going to take Toyota very long once the line is tooled up and configured

I may be missing something but currently my sense is the delay here is prioritising the model and the market spec ,tooling up, shipment by sea - actual manufacture is a matter of days and “logic “ suggests (that dangerous word again) they ought to ship all UK FEs together or worst case half of them

Last edited:
I understood there were 5k FE models being sold globally

The UK spec FE is only sold as a diesel, right hand drive and it’s got 7 seats and a number of other differences to the US/EU specs and to vehicles sold in other markets in ways that won’t be dealer fitted. That is differences in the build at factory

That tends to suggest (at least applying some logic which may well be flawed) that if there are say a max of 500 FEs destined for the UK market they would manufacture and ship at least half of them if not all and then ship them in at most 2 consignments or maybe all on one vessel

Is that ridiculous ? Do you guys calculate that the Uk has far more of the 5000 global allocation than 10% ? I can see it actually being a smaller number and had been thinking perhaps 250/300

What’s the daily/ weekly production numbers for a line at one of those massive Japanese factories ?

A report I saw from 4 Feb 2024 read “The reports suggested Toyota planned to cut daily production in Japan from the current 15,000 vehicles per day to 14,000 from April while maintaining its global production target of 10.3m units by increasing some overseas production.”

That’s across all vehicles in the Toyota range and may well include Lexus but it still suggests producing 300 to 500 FE’s in UK spec is not going to take Toyota very long once the line is rolled up and configured

I may be missing something
Hello. I read it’s 300 for the UK FE I used to collect from Bristol docks the ships are colossal some of them carry 10,000 cars I’m, told Toyota cars land in Bristol normally I could get in there but I can’t now without paperwork
When I bought my wife’s Wrangler 2021 there were loads of them sitting in the docks yet the Jeep Dealers knew nothing I took pictures to prove the Wranglers had landed !! and even found my wife’s Wrangler by the vin no. There’s a huge PDI centre ar Bristol docks also so who kn9ws ??

Back on the tyres - what are you guys planning

I have the 18’s of course coming on the UK spec FE and not seen any firm confirmation what tyres they are fitting and whether there are options with dealers to change them

Any ideas UK buyers

Back