New from UK

Currently have a UK order in 'processing' state for a Sand First Edition. Having gone though a similar process (albeit online orders) for my GR86 the whole process isn't very transparent and tends to look stuck for quite a while before moving on more quickly close to the end. We were told August delivery and I got mine in December. it should be possible to work out which ship it goes on so you can live track it's progress across the world using a ship tracker website.

Spec wise we also ended up with different spec cars to what was on the initial spec sheet (no parking sensors), there's not much you can do about it at this point but if your deposit was placed over the phone/email you always have the right to back out until the last moment.
Welcome Sussex
Do we have to wait till it goes into build before we get anymore information? The Dealer and Toyota UK are saying the orders are not confirmed?
Dave

Welcome Sussex
Do we have to wait till it goes into build before we get anymore information? The Dealer and Toyota UK are saying the orders are not confirmed?
Dave
Nothing was confirmed for a while until the orders were handed over to some other department for processing. At that point we got confirmation emails and a request for a copy of driving license and asked if we wanted to use our own personalised reg. I imagine this part will be done through the dealer not Toyota online as it was for the GR. The dealer I ordered off (Snows) mentioned Toyota wanted all orders in by the 12th so I'm hoping we see some progress soon

My dealer is not saying the same thing as yours Dave - he is saying I have an order - he may be wrong technically I do not know but that’s how things stand for me

Let’s hope the fact they are intending to start builds of the UK FE in July means the process moves forward quickly and such wrinkles as there may be in the order process are addressed and we all get decent QC inspected reliable vehicles in Sept/Oct compete will aspects of the advertised spec

Mine also. Dave do you have an Order ID number on your My Toyota App?
As for the spec, these cars are always generously kitted out as standard and I’m sure the new model won’t disappoint - my previous cars were with ‘Sunroof’ so I would guess ‘Pano Sunroof’ will be bigger but either one is fine.
September seems like a long wait!!!

My dealer is not saying the same thing as yours Dave - he is saying I have an order - he may be wrong technically I do not know but that’s how things stand for me

Let’s hope the fact they are intending to start builds of the UK FE in July means the process moves forward quickly and such wrinkles as there may be in the order process are addressed and we all get decent QC inspected reliable vehicles in Sept/Oct compete will aspects of the advertised spec
Good Morning to all
i,m just catching up missed a couple of things from you not so easy off my phone , yes I do have an order no. on My Toyota and a congratulations on ordering my new Land Cruiser hopefully all is well , it doesnt help when every Dealership tells customers something different !!

How are all the other UK orders looking???
Having paid a deposit in August last year and then a substantial further deposit early June, I am less than impressed to hear that they can’t deliver the one that Toyota UK sent me an email to confirm was on its way to being built……
They could offer a FE model but I’m set on an Invincible.

Still on 'processing order' for me (ordered and deposit paid 11th June).

How are all the other UK orders looking???
Having paid a deposit in August last year and then a substantial further deposit early June, I am less than impressed to hear that they can’t deliver the one that Toyota UK sent me an email to confirm was on its way to being built……
They could offer a FE model but I’m set on an Invincible.
Hello Strad when did they tell you this?

Heard from my dealer on Sat that still showing ETA of Oct but no change in status on the App - still at first bullet

Heard from my dealer on Sat that still showing ETA of Oct but no change in status on the App - still at first bullet
Hello Flyingtrotter
Mine too I,m told it will change on the App when in actual build Toyota Uk/ GB told me delivery November ! maybe October
Dave

My order was placed in the first week of June and was given the bad news last week.
The frustrating thing is that the dealer can’t tell me anything so I don’t know if I wait it out or buy another car. Unfortunately I sold my current Land Cruiser in prep for the promised September delivery.

Hello all in the UK if mine does not work out for what ever reason i,m going to get a Grenadier

I’m seriously considering a new generation Defender but after owning 4 previous Land Cruisers that feels like it would be a life of visiting the garage for repairs. Hopefully they’ll sort it out and give me a new order.

Not sure about the grenadier - I followed the whole project closely - drove a de o - made an order but cancelled it when I drove a real one on road - lot of issues sadly - I can’t insure a defender in London - same with Range Rovers

OK, panic over. After 5 low days, I received a call from the Dealer this afternoon to say they had sourced one and that we were back on track for the September delivery.
Who knows when it will actually arrive but at least I’m in the first UK allocation.

Not sure about the grenadier - I followed the whole project closely - drove a de o - made an order but cancelled it when I drove a real one on road - lot of issues sadly - I can’t insure a defender in London - same with Range Rovers
Good evening flyingtrotter
The Grenadier a very individual vehicle the big jump in the floor is a problem along with unusual steering I do like it though I drove one last week
Dave

They have a lot of very passionately supportive owners - the forum is excellent - if you spend any time searching you will find info on a lot of quite troubling “teething issues” - the right hand drive transmission tunnel bump was too much for me - add water leaks from safari window , water ingress from door seals and AC , software issues , the steering issue you seem to be aware of , power steering failures , cracking windscreens , pretty slow INEOS customer support , questionable residuals not helped by a number of launch vehicles being sold at a material discount - but as I noted they have really benefited from a passionate crowd of supporters so maybe they will push through and later evolutions will address the issues

They have a lot of very passionately supportive owners - the forum is excellent - if you spend any time searching you will find info on a lot of quite troubling “teething issues” - the right hand drive transmission tunnel bump was too much for me - add water leaks from safari window , water ingress from door seals and AC , software issues , the steering issue you seem to be aware of , power steering failures , cracking windscreens , pretty slow INEOS customer support , questionable residuals not helped by a number of launch vehicles being sold at a material discount - but as I noted they have really benefited from a passionate crowd of supporters so maybe they will push through and later evolutions will address the issues
Is that all 🙄 maybe next year when they sort it all out !! Hopefully get my LC soon 😊

But as I said they have managed to draw together a lot of very supportive owners and would be owners and they have in the main shrugged off the issues as OK for a new vehicle if you got the £60k or whatever it was intro price in a quasi kick starter style deal I can see the logic - those being asked to lay £75-80k now may be entitled to be more demanding

If you are keen on one - and they are distinctive and quirky - check out the water pouring over peoples feet when they open the door after it’s rained - if you can accept that you are a perfect INEOS stoical owner 🥺

But as I said they have managed to draw together a lot of very supportive owners and would be owners and they have in the main shrugged off the issues as OK for a new vehicle if you got the £60k or whatever it was intro price in a quasi kick starter style deal I can see the logic - those being asked to lay £75-80k now may be entitled to be more demanding

If you are keen on one - and they are distinctive and quirky - check out the water pouring over peoples feet when they open the door after it’s rained - if you can accept that you are a perfect INEOS stoical owner 🥺
20 mpg! The limited edition Arcane starts at £134k and it’s only trim etc

Back