New from UK

I have asked the question

With a forum of over a thousand people and 4 blokes from the Uk chatting about Uk issues we might need a WhatsApp group so we don’t distract !!

Well apparently I do have a confirmed order - time will tell - this does seem to be a rather odd process

I’ve had 3 LC’s from this dealer and put my £500 down in Aug last year so I don’t see them messing me around but your news worries me, especially as I have just sold my Sept 2022 LC in prep for this one………
Yes, very dull chat for our US friends!!

I’ve had 3 LC’s from this dealer and put my £500 down in Aug last year so I don’t see them messing me around but your news worries me, especially as I have just sold my Sept 2022 LC in prep for this one………
Yes, very dull chat for our US friends!!
Me too just sold mine lets trust in the Dealers sorry to put a downer on things but its all very odd no more doom and gloom look forward to getting out new L C s

I managed to find my “order” on the “My Toyota” App and it is there with an entry against the first bullet “Order in Process”

Then it apparently moves to “Build in Progress” “Left the Factory” “ In Transit” “At Dealer”

Maybe it’s my lawyers mind but an “order” can only be “in process” if it is indeed an order but who knows with Toyota

I’m shown with my ID as per docs I’ve had from the dealer and the dealer is named with their address email and Tno

Do you guys have the same on My Toyota ?

Last edited:
I managed to find my “order” on the “My Toyota” App and it is there with an entry against the first bullet “Order in Process”

Then it apparently moves to “Build in Progress” “Left the Factory” “ In Transit” “At Dealer”

Maybe it’s my lawyers mind but an “order” can only be “in process” if it is indeed an order but who knows with Toyota

I’m shown with my ID as per docs I’ve had from the dealer and the delaer is named with their address email and Tno

Yes same here My Toyota processing but Steven Eagle my Dealer is saying the orders are not confirmed also Toyota UK yesterday said the order on my order no is not confirmed but My Toyota is the same as yours so I’ve emailed Toyota Uk this morning I’ll let you know what they say
Dave

I’m shown with my ID as per docs I’ve had from the dealer and the dealer is named with their address email and Tno

Identical on mine. It says “Order in Process” …… “You will be notified when we start building your car”

Just to add a little more weirdness my “Toyota Customer Consultant” (which is a really weird title in itself) says it is “an order” and I will be notified when the order moves to the build stage which is expected at some time from a point in July

The suggestion seems to be that once you reach the build point if there are options you lock those in (I don’t have any as a FR is “do you want blue or sand Sir”) and then it goes on a ship and it’s “in transit” for maybe 4 weeks (depending on the Red Sea route being open) then it’s dealer QC checks - then it’s hand over

No clue if I get asked for more money within that process - suspect I will at enter build point

Or…….IM being spun a line and this is all rubbish

Just to add a little more weirdness my “Toyota Customer Consultant” (which is a really weird title in itself) says it is “an order” and I will be notified when the order moves to the build stage which is expected at some time from a point in July

The suggestion seems to be that once you reach the build point if there are options you lock those in (I don’t have any as a FR is “do you want blue or sand Sir”) and then it goes on a ship and it’s “in transit” for maybe 4 weeks (depending on the Red Sea route being open) then it’s dealer QC checks - then it’s hand over

No clue if I get asked for more money within that process - suspect I will at enter build point

Or…….IM being spun a line and this is all rubbish
Hi Flying trotter
I hope hes right but they all tell a different story Toyota UK today told me it should all be ok BUT the orders are not down as confirmed ?? also there is a press release on Toyota Media today regards UK Land cruiser spec etc all is ok and states UK delivery from September BUT the FE spec I was sent from the dealer stated A PANORAMIC ROOF BUT in the Toyota Media it states SUNROOF !!!!! theres a massive difference in the 2 I,m expecting a Pan roof and I want a Pan roof
any one else had this ?? I can email the spec I have not sure if I can put it on here ??

Dave

I may be wrong but I do not think I have seen a vehicle with anything other than a normal sunroof on the videos on YouTube - think for example of the left hand drive German plated one that Top Gear drove

The word “panoramic” features on the spec I was sent

And the US specs folk have posted and the manuals on line have the Term “moonroof”

Seems like sunroof is the normal size - a pan is twice the size and opens and the moonroof is twice the size but does not open

Not sure really but pan is the word I saw on the spec they released

I may be wrong but I do not think I have seen a vehicle with anything other than a normal sunroof on the videos on YouTube - think for example of the left hand drive German plated one that Top Gear drove
No your correct but in the spec I was sent it definitely started Pan roof I’ll try put it on here unless I can forward it to email

I was sent a bulletin by the dealer and that lists the spec and it says panoramic roof

Oh yes, been in Portland since 4-12-24.
Hi EOD GUY again just noticed your in the US it,s all very different here in the UK we are very lucky to get to the order stage I have an order no. but cannot find anything out the Dealer knows nothing , Toyota UK has my order as not confirmed I have got My Toyota portal showing my order but thats it I presume you have My Toyota as well ??
regards Dave

P.S. the My Toyota app on my phone is good

Back