New A/T Tire recommendations, help!

I have posted this in another thread, but Iโ€™m enjoying the BF Goodrich KO3 in the original OEM size of 265/70R18 124S RWL. I had the opportunity to drive the LC a bit more today and was quite impressed. Handling was solid even on the freeway with significant ruts, and tire noise was surprisingly low given the aggressive nature of the tread. Iโ€™m not sure how tire wear with mileage will affect noise levels. So far very happy with them!
I got the same tires about a week ago and they had 37 psi initially, rode pretty hard the first 30 miles or so and ride much better at 34 psi with no noticeable vehicle lean/tilt in turns. Tire smell in the garage was strong but has gotten much better. Got about 16 hours of driving up to CO in 2 weeks and will see how the mpg works out. I'm sure they will be good winter tires.

Do NOT get Michelin Ice X unless there is snow and ice on the ground most of the year. It has a very soft rubber compound and will get destroyed on the pavement.
This is the issue with snow tires in Denver. It snows here, but aside from once-in-years storms the roads are dry within 36 hours and stay that way. The pack sticks longer up in the mountains but for vehicles that spend most of their time driving around the city Iโ€™m not sure the equation works out for snows.

I had a set of Blizzaks on a RWD BMW 5 series I had long ago. They were awesome.

What PSI is optimal for tires? Any advice, guidance here?

There are some good calculators out there where you put in OE tire and door placket specs and then the new tire specs to get a good starting estimate.

Nobody has mentioned Nokian Outpost aT tires yet. The brand is intriguing to me as itโ€™s synonymous with winter performance. Iโ€™m sort of assuming they are AT tires designed to excel in all weather conditions. Also, thatโ€™s what the marketing copy says.

This is the issue with snow tires in Denver. It snows here, but aside from once-in-years storms the roads are dry within 36 hours and stay that way. The pack sticks longer up in the mountains but for vehicles that spend most of their time driving around the city Iโ€™m not sure the equation works out for snows.

I had a set of Blizzaks on a RWD BMW 5 series I had long ago. They were awesome.
I agree. The Michelin Ice were awesome on my Subaru in Idaho. Never a slip going up to the slopes for snow skiing..

Back