NavigationHUD

lentcw

📛 Founding Member
Jul 24, 2024
oklahoma
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
So the Apple Maps was showing in my HUD but now it had stopped showing there. I have the setting in Full Driver Information. It shows on the Multifunction dash and the center maps section. I cant get it to show on the HUD. Anyone else have this issue?

It shows up on my Venza HUD, but never had it showing on the LC.

Same issue for me. They showed up briefly and then stopped completely and I've never seen them again. I tried changing between all 3 levels of HUD display with no luck.

Similar issue with the MID map display, although someone else pointed out that that only works if you turned your car off previously with the native Toyota maps showing and I've found that to be true. I think there are some definite bugs in the system, and the HUD has been a little disappointing because of it for me: That's where I need turn directions!

Make sure what you saw was the navigation. What I thought intermittently showing navigation turned out to be cross traffic alert lol.

mine worked as of a few days ago but I have not checked it today. New software update?

Wait! You guys had Apple Maps working in the HUD and MID? I thought only the native navigation system worked there. Would love to figure this one out, but I would want it to work for Google Maps.

Can confirm apple maps works on the HUD. It was my wife's phone though so I don't know if it's still working or not.

1000006380.jpg

Same issue for me. They showed up briefly and then stopped completely and I've never seen them again. I tried changing between all 3 levels of HUD display with no luck.

Similar issue with the MID map display, although someone else pointed out that that only works if you turned your car off previously with the native Toyota maps showing and I've found that to be true. I think there are some definite bugs in the system, and the HUD has been a little disappointing because of it for me: That's where I need turn directions!
Directions on how he HUd was awesome while it lasted

Make sure what you saw was the navigation. What I thought intermittently showing navigation turned out to be cross traffic alert lol.
No. It was different than the crosstrafic warning. That’s in orange. He navigation in the HUD was blue arrows and white text

Wait! You guys had Apple Maps working in the HUD and MID? I thought only the native navigation system worked there. Would love to figure this one out, but I would want it to work for Google Maps.
Google maps shows directions on the multifunction display. It didn’t show on the HUD

All three for me. wonder if you accidently disabled it some where. Not sure where to look as this is my first time with HUD.

Ok so I went over the manual and verified that navigation can be displayed in full mode. It should show up at the area that is marked with "A". Strangely, there is info on how to display hybrid system status/tachometer, but no info on how to get navigation to display.

1721872257983.png

1721872312393.png

1721872410867.png

Sounds like you may need a trip to the dealer to get a factory reset and start over. I think I read somewhere if certain things are disabled, other things that are tied to those settings won't work either (even tho' you didn't specifically disable them).

I was poking around in the settings and turned something off and a couple of things changed in the dash display. I turned the setting back on and the display went back to what it was. Started taking pictures of the "before I changed something" so I could reverse it if I didn't like the results. I was trying to turn off the rear seatbelt warnings and the nanny cam.

Sounds like you may need a trip to the dealer to get a factory reset and start over. I think I read somewhere if certain things are disabled, other things that are tied to those settings won't work either (even tho' you didn't specifically disable them).

I was poking around in the settings and turned something off and a couple of things changed in the dash display. I turned the setting back on and the display went back to what it was. Started taking pictures of the "before I changed something" so I could reverse it if I didn't like the results. I was trying to turn off the rear seatbelt warnings and the nanny cam.
I have a sneaking suspicion that HUD navigation will display if the lane trace assist is turned off. LTA is basically always on, and set to pop over other display options . I will turn it off to see if navigation will show.
1721873779134.png

Ok, I figured this out. For the navigation to display on the HUD, you need to put the driver assist stuff on the instrument cluster display. Then navigation will pop up when you get close to intersections etc.

My instrument cluster is set to “1-dial” mode, and driver assist stuff are in the middle. Not sure this exact configuration is needed, but it works for me.

Ok, I figured this out. For the navigation to display on the HUD, you need to put the driver assist stuff on the instrument cluster display. Then navigation will pop up when you get close to intersections etc.

My instrument cluster is set to “1-dial” mode, and driver assist stuff are in the middle. Not sure this exact configuration is needed, but it works for me.
"Driver assist stuff" meaning... driver support? The thing with the lane markers and distance following setting?

Back