NavigationHUD

Ok, I figured this out. For the navigation to display on the HUD, you need to put the driver assist stuff on the instrument cluster display. Then navigation will pop up when you get close to intersections etc.

This worked for me, thank you! Nice to have directions back up there again

How can you adjust (or can u) the brightness of HUD.. I can barely see mine, and also .. if it’s possible.. how can you get it a little higher ? I’m fairly short, and I have to get my seat height higher than I normally would and straighter than I normally would just to see it .. otherwise it fades below some manic line in the windshield.
Suggestions?

How can you adjust (or can u) the brightness of HUD.. I can barely see mine, and also .. if it’s possible.. how can you get it a little higher ? I’m fairly short, and I have to get my seat height higher than I normally would and straighter than I normally would just to see it .. otherwise it fades below some manic line in the windshield.
Suggestions?
I can’t seem to find and “HUD” settings ..

I can’t seem to find and “HUD” settings ..

In the "Settings" screen, it's one of the first options as "HUD Main" or something. Long-press the 'OK' button to get options beyond turning it on or off

No, I see that for sure, but it’s just a toggle switch to either turn it on or off. Mine is on so that’s not a problem. It’s just whether or not I can make it any brighter or any higher on the windshield. For that I’m not seeing a way- only the on/off toggle

Oh my God I just found it. I am so stupid. I didn’t keep the OK button down long enough.

In the "Settings" screen, it's one of the first options as "HUD Main" or something. Long-press the 'OK' button to get options beyond turning it on or off
OK, I figured out how to increase the brightness but I can’t get to the position part. How do you move down to select position??

Suggestions?
Page 119

OK, I figured out how to increase the brightness but I can’t get to the position part. How do you move down to select position??

on that screen with brightness, UP/Down immediately becomes the adjustment to the position.. no need to move down to select position

Amazing .. just could not figure out why my down button wasn’t going down to select position so that I could select up. God knows where that things out on my windshield now.

Amazing .. just could not figure out why my down button wasn’t going down to select position so that I could select up. God knows where that things out on my windshield now.

Yeah as an ex-usability person, this UI makes me cringe

Nothing has made me feel quite as dumb as trying to get navigation to show in the HUD. I tried adding driver assist to the gauge cluster but it didn’t remove it from the HUD for me. Hopefully they’ll fix the map/cluster bug and this soon!

Nothing has made me feel quite as dumb as trying to get navigation to show in the HUD. I tried adding driver assist to the gauge cluster but it didn’t remove it from the HUD for me. Hopefully they’ll fix the map/cluster bug and this soon!
Curious, did you have a route selected? At some point did you configure the settings for the HUD? Is the driver assist stuff on the instrument cluster display (when a route is being followed the directions will show up in the HUD when you get close to intersections etc............

You may know this already the actual map doesn't show up in the HUD, just road name, how far to the next turn and an arrow of which way you'll be turning.

Curious, did you have a route selected? At some point did you configure the settings for the HUD? Is the driver assist stuff on the instrument cluster display (when a route is being followed the directions will show up in the HUD when you get close to intersections etc............

You may know this already the actual map doesn't show up in the HUD, just road name, how far to the next turn and an arrow of which way you'll be turning.
Yes - the route / next turn showed up in the cluster below the blank “map”, but not in the HUD.

Yes - the route / next turn showed up in the cluster below the blank “map”, but not in the HUD.

Just to clarify, you're trying to get Apple Maps up in the HUD and not Android Auto correct? Apple and the built in Toyota navigation are the only ones currently working with the HUD. Want to make sure you're not chasing something that isn't supported yet.

Just to clarify, you're trying to get Apple Maps up in the HUD and not Android Auto correct? Apple and the built in Toyota navigation are the only ones currently working with the HUD. Want to make sure you're not chasing something that isn't supported yet.
Yep, exactly. The HUD works overall, just no directions in there.

Interestingly, Google Maps (via carplay) DOES show up in the cluster display

Back