My experience in the Pacific Northwest; shopping in September 2024

Bluey

📛 Founding Member
Sep 20, 2024
Washington
It’s not easy finding a Land Cruiser in the Pacific Northwest in September 2024. A few dealerships in our area only have 1958s. Many dealers are charging above MSRP. I was on the search for the ever elusive middle trim Land Cruiser. Each time I would find one “in transit” it was already claimed with a deposit.

Toyota.com and Smartpath do not reflect actual availability. The first nine dealers I called showed LCs allegedly available; “in transit” or in “build phase”. After back and forth calls all were already sold. If it was available they wanted $2000-$5600 over MSRP. I thought there has to be some honest dealerships somewhere. I must keep searching. Finally I expanded my search radius into Oregon.

It was in Oregon that my Land Cruiser dream would come true. One call really stood out. It was the eleventh dealership I reached out to; Lums Toyota in Warrenton, Oregon. I had the pleasure of working with Caleb Hernandez. He was cordial and friendly. He listened and gave me honest answers. I felt like I was talking to an old friend. He didn’t over promise, he just told me what he wanted to try to do. I offered to stop my search for 24 hours. I agreed that if he could get me this LC for MSRP, I would buy it.

I don’t know how he did it but he did. Less than 24 hours later he called me and had this Land Cruiser available. It is “in transit” and this one is mine. Everything I wanted; trim level, options, and color. I gladly placed my deposit and felt a sigh of relief. Three weeks of searching finally came to fruition.

I highly recommend
Caleb Hernandez and Lums Toyota in Warrenton, Oregon. 503 861-1144

Last edited:
I paid MSRP in mid-August for a LC Premium from Heartland Toyota in Bremerton. Glad you were able to find one with no markups.

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you had such a great experience. You’ll love your new Land Cruiser.

Back