My experience in the Pacific Northwest; shopping in September 2024

Bluey

📛 Founding Member
Sep 20, 2024
Washington
It’s not easy finding a Land Cruiser in the Pacific Northwest in September 2024. A few dealerships in our area only have 1958s. Many dealers are charging above MSRP. I was on the search for the ever elusive middle trim Land Cruiser. Each time I would find one “in transit” it was already claimed with a deposit.

Toyota.com and Smartpath do not reflect actual availability. The first nine dealers I called showed LCs allegedly available; “in transit” or in “build phase”. After back and forth calls all were already sold. If it was available they wanted $2000-$5600 over MSRP. I thought there has to be some honest dealerships somewhere. I must keep searching. Finally I expanded my search radius into Oregon.

It was in Oregon that my Land Cruiser dream would come true. One call really stood out. It was the eleventh dealership I reached out to; Lums Toyota in Warrenton, Oregon. I had the pleasure of working with Caleb Hernandez. He was cordial and friendly. He listened and gave me honest answers. I felt like I was talking to an old friend.

He didn’t over promise, he just told me what he wanted to try to do. Like every other LC, this one also had a deposit. Though this deposit was in the name of the owner of the dealership. Caleb wanted to talk to the owner and find out. I offered to stop my search for 24 hours. I agreed that if he could get me this LC for MSRP, I would buy it.

I thought there was no way this was going to happen. I thought it was probably reserved for a family member or close friend of the owner. However Caleb had made a good impression on me. He was the first Salesperson I actually liked. I wanted to give him my business.

Less than 24 hours later he called me and had this Land Cruiser available. It is “in transit” and this one is mine. Everything I wanted; trim, options, and color. I gladly placed my deposit and felt a sigh of relief. Three weeks of searching finally came to fruition.

I highly recommend
Caleb Hernandez and Lums Toyota in Warrenton, Oregon. 503 861-1144

Last edited:
I paid MSRP in mid-August for a LC Premium from Heartland Toyota in Bremerton. Glad you were able to find one with no markups.

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you had such a great experience. You’ll love your new Land Cruiser.

Back