kildair

📛 Founding Member
Jul 13, 2024
Media
dubai
Vehicles
prado 250 glx
Hi

Received my car 1 week ago (it’s beautiful 😻). Connected very easily to Apple CarPlay but when on calls the other person says that my voice is very muffled.

Not sure why but found another person with same issue posting on another forum.

Waiting to hear from Toyota.

Anyone else with same issue

I think the speakers are above your head, kinda in the ceiling. Maybe direct your talking towards them. (?)

I will test mine and see if I have any issues. You should be able to look straight and get picked up by the mic in a clear manner.

Hmmm…I’m 6’3’’ 189cm tall. Looking dead ahead when driving so don’t think it’s a proximity issue.
Was borrowing a friend’s Jetour T2 before getting my Prado and had no issues.
Like I said someone else had same issue!
So not sure

Sorry for the delay, but I just tested my hands-free mic and was told it sounded clear.

Thanks Amigo.
So took car to dealership and went for a drive with their technician. He confirmed the issue with my iPhone.
He then tried with his android phone and same issue arose.
So they tested 2 demo cars. One was fine and the other had same issue.
So now escalated to engineers in HQ Japan.
At least it was not something dumb I was doing 🙄

IMG_4411.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 39
Update:
Got called by the garage 2 days ago. Apparently Japan was informed of similar issue in another country.
Anyway was told that a software update was sent. Went for the update but no change. They took another recording of the sound at different speeds.
Does anyone else have a similar problem. If you don’t do you have 2 or 3 mics (there are 2 overhead one on either side and a third on the radio unit)?
So the search goes on
Cheers

I have the same issue. I did not think of reporting to dealer but will now.

Please do.
There is another thread on a different forum with same issue with a guy from Costa Rica.
I am in Dubai.
Where are you based?

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue, please let me know what to do. I'm also in Dubai got it 2 weeks ago.

I tried Bluetooth, and carplay both same issues.

Hi Rami.
Thank you for your reply.
Did you get from FUTTAIM?

Hi Rami,
Did you get it from Al FUTTAIM garage?
I can advise you as have been through the process

Hi guys,

Experiencing the same issue, has anyone found a solution yet? I reached out to the dealership and they’ve told me they will pass it on to the technical team

Sorry to hear that.
So we have a total of 4 new cars and the 2 demo cars so far plus one in Jamaica and another in Costa Rica that I’m aware of!
I’m sure that there will be some very embarrassed people in Japan 🙄

So an update from Toyota:
Toyota in Japan have escalated this to the radio unit supplier who is now investigating the issue

Hi I am in Abu Dhabi

Purchased Prado 2024 just two days back, though car is amazing but facing same problem of mic when on calls the other person says that my voice is very muffled.

Went to al futtaim they said they are expecting update in 2-3 days

Back